12946Day hiking hammock

  • Scott Schroeder
    Mar 3, 2006
      I love taking my hennessy day hiking with me but would like to make a
      smaller more portable hammock. I like to just rest in the hennessy with it
      folded over and me laying on the 'outside.'
      It's fine and all but I'd like something that is simpler and will fold up
      smaller.
      What material would be recommended?
      I was thinking about using webbing instead of cord/tree huggers for
      simplicity. Any reasons why not?
      I would think I could minimize width because this is just for
      lounging/resting/etc.
      Any and all thoughts are appreciated.
      It should be rather simple and a nice way to get my feet wet making my own
      hammock.

      Thanks in advance

      --
      Scott