12916Re: Just Tested Risk's Test Hammock

  • rexhardy2003
    Feb 24, 2006
      You may want to check back at your local Wal-Mart. Ours has the 1"
      poly strap in the fabric section. It was reasonable priced and thus
      far has held my 200lbs. Worth a shot anyway.

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "sebastiantoney" <funbun2@...>
      > I bought some fabric from the Cheap-Mart $1.00 bin. But I couldn't
      > find any polypropylene webbings. I went to another fabric shop and
      > I could find were 1 inch cotton straps.
      > I put the test hammock together in a few minutes and went down to
      > park to test it out. I hung it low to the ground so if it broke I
      > wouldn't break my tail bone. I sat down slowly adding weight to the
      > thing. Snap! It broke. It was the el cheapo cotton straps. I'll have
      > to order some 1.5 inch poly stuff later.
      > But I put about 3/4 of my weight into the hammock before the
      > snapped. I liked the way it felt I wish it would have held my
      > because the sun was doing down right there along the river. It would
      > have been a nice way to spend the dusk.
      > Any I'm sold. I'm probably buy some poly webbing to fully test it,
      > 'cause you can't beat nine bucks for a hammock.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic