12774[Hammock Camping] Re: Keeping the hammock dry...

  • marta_clark
    Feb 11, 2006
      Cool idea, Michael. I'll have to give this a try next time I go out
      with the hammock...since I seem to be a rain witch.

      Marta

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Michael B. Carter"
      <carterm@...> wrote:

      > Here's the solution that I've finally settled on for keeping water
      from
      > running down my webbing and wetting the hammock.
      >
      > I use strips of cloth (bandana actually which I've had success
      with on the
      > round ropes on my Hennessy) tied around the webbing.
      > I use hair barrettes (thin metal ones from Walmart) on top of the
      cloth
      > strips. This keeps the cloth in contact with the webbing, and the
      keeps
      > the webbing flat. It passes the water hose test as well as
      anything else
      > that I've tried.
      >
      > It's lightweight, cheap, easy, no stitches, no sealer and it works.
      >
      > Just in time - it's raining outside...
      >
      > Michael
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic