12707Re: [Hammock Camping] Keeping dry

    Feb 5, 2006
      I understand your use of the machine. But right now, MY sewing machine
      is set up with a cutting needle, as the last project I had was in sewing
      some naugahide.

      As I read the thread, I too wondered about the reaction of the solvent
      in the silicone sealer reacting with the strap.

      I have done a lot of sewing of straps and never had a failure. It seems
      it would have to be something else.

      Rick

      opnheartscrub@... wrote:
      >>Brian,
      >>
      >>You did not use a cutting (leather) needle when sewing that tag on
      >>did you?
      >>
      >>Rick
      >

      > Rick,
      >
      > I used my sewing machine. I'm too lazy to hand stitch anything short
      > of leather if there is electricity nearby.
      >
      > Brian
      > T-BACK

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic