      From: john hill <nil_dog@...<mailto:nil_dog@...>>
      Subject: Re: Re: Keeping the hammock dry...

      I wonder how this would work on a Hennessey if you made your rubber disk and punched a round hole smaller than the support rope and slide it into place. Seems to me this would work pretty well. If the fit was tight enough you might not even need the silicone.

      carterm@...<mailto:carterm@...> wrote:
      Hi Marta,

      I'm using them on Ed's 1" webbing, on a homemade Speer type hammock.
      I had good luck with the bandana trick you showed me with the Hennessy ropes.
      (Worked fine for TS Cindy). Standing Indian is a good place to test the "water blockers" for sure.
      I'm planning another trip there in a few weeks. I have a friend that wants to go, and I'm working on getting his interest up on hammocking.