12702Re: [Hammock Camping] Keeping dry

  • jwj32542
    Feb 5, 2006
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, opnheartscrub@... wrote:
      > I'm not sure I follow you on how that could roll the straps. I use
      > peapod but never considered that could cause the rolling.

      JRB's underquilts are connected by tightening a shockcord hitch around
      the hammock support, which necessarily folds the webbing in half, at
      least. Depending on how much I tighten it, that hitch can squeeze the
      webbing even further.

      Patrick's KAQ uses a prussik, which has the same effect. A PeaPod is
      supported by the end of the hammock and doesn't really squeeze the
      webbing with its weight.

      However, I don't use underquilts every time, so I'm not sure if the
      webbing folds are a matter of memory from when I DO use underquilts,
      or if it's caused just by the kind of loading a hammock subjects it to.

      Jeff
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic