12669Keeping dry

    Feb 2, 2006
      Although sewing a short length of strap onto my hanging straps as a
      water stop worked very well for its intended purpose, the seam some
      how severely weakened the straps. I am now recovering from a 3' drop
      I just made as one of my straps failed right at the water stop seam.
      Just a heads up for Tim and anyone else trying this method. I have
      used the hammock with the water stops in place several times with no
      problems. I set it up this time to take pictures but didn't get that
      far. Maybe I'll go back to a rope and tree hugger setup. It just
      seems funny that the straps don't show any signs of stress where I
      sewed the loops in the ends. Anyone have any ideas on why this

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic