12371Re: Hammock made for 2

  • Bryan
    Jan 18, 2006
      several weeks ago i asked this same question and got all the same
      answers that you are getting. The "W" shaped idea is a new one.
      However, because my girlfriend and i seem to be all over the place
      when we sleep. i decided to make 2 single person hammocks and hang
      them on the same tree. once this is done, i place a thumb size stick
      or hiking pole (strut)in the hanging ropes (on each end)and this
      spreads the hammocks apart so you don't bump into each other.

      we can lay in any position we choose and not disturb the other
      person. our faces could be 3" away from each other if we wanted and i
      could wrap my arm around her if i wanted. when we woke up, we were in
      totally different positions.

      she said she is never tent camping again! it was the best sleep she
      has gotten while camping.

      there is a picture in the photo area of the strut i'm talking about.
      i got the idea from someone else.

      Bryan

      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Bill in Houston"
      > <zippydooda@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I wasn't clear, sorry. What I was thinking was that instead of
      only
      > > pulling the sides a little tighter to give the hammock a V shape,
      > pull
      > > the sides AND the center a little tighter to give the hammock a W
      > shape
      > > (which I think is what you were getting at with your last
      statement,
      > > Jeff).
      >
      > Yep - that's what I meant. Maybe combining the two will give the
      best
      > results.
      >
      > Jeff

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic