1236Re: Hammock Camping Re: tree-saver webbing straps......

  • karens62@aol.com
    May 1, 2003
      In a message dated 5/1/2003 8:27:17 AM Eastern Standard Time, dpwomble@... writes:

      > Hey, how about a tug-of-war contest over a creek on Ed's
      > next outing to determine the tensile strength? :-)

      Just don't let me sew the hand holds on the straps or you'll end up lying on the ground!

      I was recently a "victim" of strap failure, not because of the webbing strenght, but because of the thread I used to sew the webbing together behind the knot. I knew better, but I used old cheap polyester thread instead of high quality thread and my butt met the ground unexpectedly. I was fine. No broken teeth and the only thing possibly wounded was my pride (which has taken lots of hits lately). But, since no one saw it and Ed has only teased me about it a half dozen times, I survived. It could have been much worse. Whatever cheap materials you find and test, spring for the expensive thread :)

      Karen
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic