12240Re: [Hammock Camping] Risk Hammock material.

  • David Wills
    Jan 4, 2006
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Aris Dennis <apfel1984@y...> wrote:

      > HI all,
      >
      > I'm going to make one of Risk's Z hammocks, but
      > haven't decided on material yet. I was reading on Ray
      > Garlingtons page about 8mm silk, which is aparently
      > around 1 oz. Should I use two layers of this, or two
      > layer of 1.1oz ripstop?
      > I weigh 200lb so I'd like it to hold my weight...
      >
      > Any thoughts appreciated.
      >
      > Aris

      I have a 10mm silk speer type hammock and it is plenty sturdy. I
      weigh 175, so the 8mm double layer should suit you very well and give
      a significant safety margin. The silk is really comfy too, but gets
      nasty looking quickly, which adds character... David with no trailname
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic