12225Re: [Hammock Camping] Risk Hammock material.

  • keng
    Jan 3, 2006
      Hello,

      i weight slightly under 130lb and had the 8mm silk....it did not
      hold my weight as i tight mine to tight, which i like it to be, may
      be you might want to consider the 10mm or something stronger

      Cheers
      keng

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Aris Dennis <apfel1984@y...>
      wrote:

      > HI all,
      >
      > I'm going to make one of Risk's Z hammocks, but
      > haven't decided on material yet. I was reading on Ray
      > Garlingtons page about 8mm silk, which is aparently
      > around 1 oz. Should I use two layers of this, or two
      > layer of 1.1oz ripstop?
      > I weigh 200lb so I'd like it to hold my weight...
      >
      > Any thoughts appreciated.
      >
      > Aris

      > Just $16.99/mo. or less.
      > dsl.yahoo.com