12217Re: Lightweight Hammock question

  • Bill in Houston
    Jan 3, 2006
      For 195 lbs, I'd go with the 1.9 oz. JMHO.

      If you want to sell any of the 1.9 oz, let me know by PM, please. I
      think most of the ripstop ends up in the SE US. I've only seen it
      over here once, and only in the 1.1 oz weight. Not looking to pay
      much, just to take some off your hands if you find yourelf drowning
      in it and ship stuff often.

      Bill in Houston

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Michael B. Carter"
      <carterm@m...> wrote:

      > Question for the group:
      >
      > I have some nice olive green ripstop nylon that I found in the
      WalMart $1 bin.
      > It weighs to about 1.44 oz per square yard. I weigh ~195 pounds.
      Is this
      > nylon strong enough for a lightweight hammock for me plus my bag,
      pad,
      > etc., using a single layer of fabric?
      >
      > Opinions requested...
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic