12215Re: Hammock made for 2

  • Bill in Houston
    Jan 3, 2006
      Spent a few hours in the hammock with my 71 lb son after he had a
      nightmare. I do not recommend it. It was a cold night, so my/our
      sleeping positions were limited and my hip was eventually hurting a lot.

      I think that it could be even trickier in a Hennessy, what with trying
      to get thru the hole, close it, not touch the net, etc.

      I like the looks of risk's solutions.

      If you make it work, let us know, though. It seems to me that a Speer
      type with wide fabric and extra length and some thought on how the ends
      are gathered might be workable. I'd make it at least 2 or 3 feet
      longer and gather then ends to make a W shape instead of a V shape.

      Bill in Houston

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Hooker"
      <andrewhooker59@y...> wrote:

      > G'day all.
      > Firstly, HAPPY NEW YEAR!
      > Secondly, I am looking for some advice regarding the use of hammocks
      > for camping, in particular one will comfortably hold the wife and me
      > (160kg's total - 352lbs).

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic