12205Re: DAM Dilemma - Exped or Warmlite?

  • J.D. Hoessle
    Jan 2, 2006
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "dlfrost_1" <dlfrost@a...> wrote:
      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "jonas4321" <jonas4321@j...>
      > wrote:
      > > Does anyone have experience with the Exped and/or the Warmlite?
      > I suggest getting the regular Downmat 7 and using Ed Speer's
      > Segmented Pad Extender with it. (The SPE "wings" provide the
      > shoulder protection, allowing use of regular-width pads. The 8x
      > version is for winter use.) It will weigh less, be less bulky to
      > pack, and is more flexible to set up for different tempratures.

      Yes. I agree with Doug's comments above. I have been using the Exped
      Downmat 7 (long) with the SPE and it is GREAT!!!! I have been too
      warm at 14F - meaning that I had to get OUT of my 5F slpg. bag and
      just throw it over me as a top blanket. For Springer, I used Mr.
      Speer's "FrogSac" as a top blanket and I was toasty!

      Fabric: Top is non-slippery and kinda like fleece in wicking. Bottom
      is also non-slippery

      I use it INSIDE a Speer and it does allow you to ride a bit "higher"
      and it causes the Speer to "wrap" around you a bit - thus the SPE.

      No experience with the Warmlite. Co$t steered me to the Exped.

      Happy Trails,

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic