12189DAM Dilemma - Exped or Warmlite?

  • jonas4321
    Jan 1, 2006
      Happy New Year, btw!

      I am now convinced I will be buying a DAM (Down-filled Air Mattress)
      not making one a la Gardenville (I am running out of time and
      ambition, but have saved up the necessary $$).

      I have a Speer-type hammock, a 9' long ZHammock double-bottom to be
      specific, and I don't see myself changing to any other style hammock.
      I don't care if I can fit the DAM in between the layers, I will be
      putting CCF pads in there (I am going for 0*F and lower). I envision
      the DAM being in the hammock with me. I am certain (at this point,
      anyway) that I don't want an underquilt, as weight is not my primary
      concern.

      Does anyone have experience with the Exped and/or the Warmlite? They
      are roughly comparable in price, though the dimensions on the Warmlite
      are difficult to decipher, as they appear to be "casket"-shaped (is
      that true?).

      I hear they are both a bit clumsy to inflate, but would like some
      feedback on that. I'd also like to know what the outer material fabric
      is like.

      In either case, I believe I will be getting the 26" wide model.

      Thanks!

      Jonas
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic