12114Re: Dave, hows the knee

  • Coy
    Dec 21, 2005

      > Coy,
      >
      > It's a good news, bad news situation. I've done a couple of easy
      hikes
      > along creeks and such without mountains in the last couple of
      days, a 4
      > miler and a 7 miler. The knee did fine but the 7 miler wore me
      out.
      > I'm thinking of going to the AT and doing a day hike around and
      over
      > Blood Mountain or backpacking up to the GA/NC border and leaving a
      Xmas
      > card for Squeaky... but I'm worried if I can make it right now.

      If you knew his scedual you could surprise him at a road crossing.
      Might involve a long wait though...even worse would be to just miss
      him and then wait for him.

      > Probably get on some exercise machines today and try to get a
      better
      > assessment of how weak my leg muscles are. The last backpacking
      trips
      > when I struggled with my knee was tough going, even with my legs
      > holding up well. It would be a bitch to get a few miles out in
      the
      > mountains and find out both my knee and my muscles aren't up to
      the
      > task. Us guys in particular always trade off trying to see just
      what
      > we can do against using good sense and realizing what our
      limitations
      > are. When we're younger we favor the 'see just what we can do'
      but
      > when we get older we favor the 'realize what our limitations are'
      > aspect... but heck, I earned my trailname the honorable way.

      We need to start a gang. I think Crips is already taken (Crips and
      Bloods)...how bout the walk well, knee swell, he man, hill haters
      LOL note the use of hill in place of women form Spankey and the
      gang.

      > Hope your knee doesn't have any serious problem, have you popped
      it
      > before?

      Never, but it poped the other day (several days after the initial
      pop 10 days ago) while I was walking in the kitchen. Rhonda heard
      it from the couch in the LR. She said what was that pop? Onlu it
      really didnt hurt or anything this time.

      > Dave
      > aka Youngblood

      maybe time to change Youngblood to Woundedknee

      Coy Boy
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic