11793Re: Exped DAM

  • jwj32542
    Dec 9, 2005
      I'm still deciding whether or not to bring it on my snow camping
      trip next weekend. It's supposed to get into the teens, but up in
      the Sierras the weather can change fast so I want to be prepared for
      a bit below that.

      I was thinking about the PeaPod, Exped 7, and JRB No Sniveller.
      Should keep me nice and toasty below zero. I don't think I'll need
      a SPE since I have the PeaPod.

      Or the 3 Season Set and PeaPod would be lighter for below zero, but
      I don't have anything to lay around on outside (or go to ground with
      if it gets really bad).

      I was thinking about a torso-length CCF instead of the DAM, since
      it's lighter and I can drag it around camp as a sit pad for the snow
      throne I'm gonna make. But a .5" CCF might not be enough extra
      insulation and I don't want the extra bulk. Plus it's just not as
      comfy.

      What do you guys think?

      PeaPod, Exped and NS for ~84 oz, or
      PeaPod, 3 Season Set for ~74 oz?