11591Ticket To The Moon

    Dec 2, 2005
      Becky, Coy, Marta-and everyone else who got spam from the hammock company
      Ticket To The Moon. This is an Asian hammock company that has contacted
      Speer Hammocks in the past asking for web link exchanges and other possible
      business deals-they have even sent us a hammock for review, but we don't do
      such reviews. I believe they are members of the HammockCamping-L. Since
      they do make camping hammocks, I include Ticket To The Moon in my world-wide
      list of camping hammock manufacturers. That list is posted on my Links page
      at www.hammockcamping.com <http://www.hammockcamping.com/> and in all of
      the Hammock Camping Newsletters.

      Have they mined our Hammock Camping-L addresses and are now using those
      addresses for unsolicited promotion? I'd like to hear from some others who
      recently got such emails from Ticket To The Moon. If this is the case, they
      will receive a nasty letter from me, be banned from the List, removed from
      my manufacturers' lists, and a note of explanation will be included in
      future newsletters.

      As most of you know, I don't allow shameless advertising on the List. I do
      allow personal reviews or informative announcements of new products. But
      unsolicited use of our personal email addresses is inappropriate for a
      hammock manufacturer. While I might not be able to stop it, I might be able
      to discourage it..Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc