11568Re: Electric Blankets and Clothing

  • J.D. Hoessle
    Dec 1, 2005
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "jonas4321" <jonas4321@j...> wrote:
      > It's primarily AC that seems to be the problem, not DC (from what I
      > have read), so much of what has been discussed is not to this point.

      Ahhh.... No comment other than to point out that only in the USA is
      electrical power distribution primarily AC. The rest of the world is
      a bit better at the physics and uses DC; as well as the more efficient
      240 volt at the socket.

      > Hike your own hike, hang your own hammock, however.

      *TOTALLY AGREE* And, I also hike to get away! From just about
      everything except the beer...<g>...

      BTW, I searched for freeze dried beer / powdered beer.

      Good News! --- It's out there!

      Bad News! ---- It has NO alcoholic content!

      "Sorta" Good News! --- You "could" reconstitute it with grain or
      moonshine from that still you passed in that hollow about 6 miles back
      up the trail!

      Happy Trails,

      J.D.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic