11529Re: Layering?

  • Bill in Houston
    Nov 30, 2005
      I would use it wherever you feel cold. You will definitely need the
      blue pad underneath you, in my estimation. Once you open your
      sleeping bag and put it on like a foot-boxed quilt, I don't think you
      will have any problems with excess dead air space.

      So I'd start with the pad and the bag, and see where you get cold,
      and put the liner there. In the future you may get more
      sophisticated and do something more complex...

      Bill in Houston

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, PennyBright <GreenSoul@g...>
      wrote:

      > I'm gearing up for my first test of winter hammocking, and was
      planning
      > on adding a fleece liner bag I have to my system.
      >
      > Any idea if it would be more efficient insulation wise to use the
      liner
      > inside my bag , or around it on the outside? I'm thinking that
      inside it
      > would reduce my dead air space (my bag is a little large for me),
      but
      > outside it would protect the warmth in the loft from being stripped
      away as
      > easily.
      >
      > Also, if I used it outside the bag, I think I might be able to
      slide the
      > blue pad into it..... I'm not sure, I'm going to test that later
      today. I'm
      > not sure if there would be any value in that or not.
      >
      > Anna

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic