11527{Spam?} [Hammock Camping] Re: electric hammock

    Nov 30, 2005

      Be careful with the heating wires, I don't think you want to plug in
      12VDC heating wires into a 115VAC or 220VAC outlet at the campground.
      <grin> If my memory is correct, a little single cup water heater
      coil in the UK (240VAC?) heated up a cup of water quicker than a
      microwave would... something about V^2/R.

      Is the next evolution in hammock camping going to be a two-wheeled
      hammock with two-wheel drive AND two-wheel steering. I've already
      got a sidecar design that might work for that and Jeff's gear hammock
      might work out pretty well also.

      > Seuss
      > I didn't have time to check that web site until this am. Thanks.
      > intrigued about adding heating wires to the bottom of a hammock and
      > outfit looks promising. I'll call them today to see what they
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic