11150Re: [Hammock Camping] hennessy undercover/pad

  • Carl Iobst
    Nov 13, 2005
      Essentially Jordan's whole mindset is high tech 'Mr.
      Wizard' stuff. He's almost at the point of diminishing
      returns and into complete redundancy. He's not
      shaving pounds or ounces anymore. He's only managing
      to lose a few grams here or there.
      To get to the future of ultralight you have to go back
      to the past.
      CEHI

      --- jack_tier <jacktier@...> wrote:

      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "jwj32542"
      > <jwj32542@y...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "jmgiv47"
      > <jmgarberson@h...>
      > > wrote:
      > > > It'd be interesting to sample the opinions of
      > those on this
      > Group
      > > > who have seen the content.
      > Jeff wrote
      > > I was hesitant to pay the fee.....and somegood
      > point that I agree
      > with.
      >
      > To add.
      >
      > I too took about a year to join ...then found a lot
      > of good
      > articles... enough to be worth the subscription,
      > IMHO...gear
      > discounts are a bonus.
      >
      > There are many who push the limits in technique and
      > gear in the
      > forums of this site... There is a lot to learn and a
      > lot to
      > ignore.... I consider these forum and the extreme
      > ultra light views
      > of Ryan Jordan and his staff to be a major ongoing
      > labratory of
      > thought and experimentation for ultralight hiking
      > that was begun (
      > or atleast publically launched) by Ray jardine's, "
      > Beyond
      > Backpacking".
      >
      > I would bet that the majority of folks who regularly
      > contribute new
      > thoughts, suggestions, techniques, gear projects,
      > and /or
      > constructive response on critique requests on
      > new/emerging items on
      > this forum and Whiteblaze are also active or
      > monitoring
      > Backpackinglight.
      >
      > My $0.02.
      >
      > Pan

      Train virtual, live Real!!!
      ('Real' refers to the concepts postulated by Karl Pribram's Holographic Paradigmn and David Bohm's theory of Non-locality)

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic