11146Re: [Hammock Camping] hennessy undercover/pad

  • Dick Matthews
    Nov 12, 2005
      The BPL subscription is clearly a better value than Backpacker magazine.

      You can get the entire subscription back with product discounts.

      I trust the integrity of all reviewers, but the products selected for
      review is not influenced by advertising. I suspect that major
      Backpacker advertisers can ask that a review not be published while
      product development continues.

      A subscription and buying products supports leading edge product
      development. I also encourage you to buy Speer, JRB, OES, HH, etc.
      products for the same reason.

      Dick Matthews

      jmgiv47 wrote:

      >Are you talking about the sucker quote? That's quite a change from
      >cliquish elitists. Now we're simply talking worth. Of course,that
      >is determined by those who willingly supply a good to those that
      >willingly purchase it for a mutually agreed upon price. P.T. may
      >have never known he was undercharging his customers...maybe that's
      >why he found so many...er..uh...'customers.' :)
      >
      >My mistake...the membership is $25, not $29, and discounts on
      >clothing, gear, etc. can rapidly reduce that cost. There's a good
      >amount of solid info available making the subscription at least as
      >worthwhile as Backpacker, maybe more so. I think it's a good price
      >for the 'intellectual property.'
      >
      >It'd be interesting to sample the opinions of those on this Group
      >who have seen the content.
      >
      >john
      >
      >--- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Carl Iobst <iobstce@y...>
      >wrote:
      >

      >>Don't forget what Phineas Thomas Barnum said.
      >>(hint: it was a sign on the inside of the rear door of
      >>the American Museum in New York City)
      >>CEHI

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic