11143Re: [Hammock Camping] hennessy undercover/pad

  • jack_tier
    Nov 12, 2005

      <jmgarberson@h...>
      > wrote:
      > > It'd be interesting to sample the opinions of those on this
      Group
      > > who have seen the content.
      Jeff wrote
      > I was hesitant to pay the fee.....and somegood point that I agree
      with.

      To add.

      I too took about a year to join ...then found a lot of good
      articles... enough to be worth the subscription, IMHO...gear
      discounts are a bonus.

      There are many who push the limits in technique and gear in the
      forums of this site... There is a lot to learn and a lot to
      ignore.... I consider these forum and the extreme ultra light views
      of Ryan Jordan and his staff to be a major ongoing labratory of
      thought and experimentation for ultralight hiking that was begun (
      or atleast publically launched) by Ray jardine's, " Beyond
      Backpacking".

      I would bet that the majority of folks who regularly contribute new
      thoughts, suggestions, techniques, gear projects, and /or
      constructive response on critique requests on new/emerging items on
      this forum and Whiteblaze are also active or monitoring
      Backpackinglight.

      My $0.02.

      Pan
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic