11136Re: underquilts vs. pads....

  • jwj32542
    Nov 9, 2005
      Ask six people and you'll get ten opinions on this one. For the most
      part, none of them are right or wrong - just find what works for you.
      Here are my thoughts:

      If your numbers are right, you'll be adding some weight. In my
      opinion, it's worth it. I find the underquilt more comfortable
      because I don't have to worry about shuffling the pad around when I
      change positions, and I'm free to sprawl as much as I want and still
      stay warm.

      If CCF works for you, it's the cheapest and will certainly work.
      You could always get an underquilt, then carry an extra pad when it
      gets below 30 F.

      Jeff
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic