11132Re: Woohoo! Got my DAM! Me too...! Me too!

  • J.D. Hoessle
    Nov 9, 2005
      Just picked up mine at REI today. It's self-inflating on the couch
      right now (Hopefully!).

      I will be at Dingmans Ferry, PA tomorrow (Thursday) - Forecast: rain
      and low of 28F. - Fri. low 28F - Sat. 36F -- So, I will have a report
      to post come Monday. Should have some pics too!

      Someone please remind me WHY I got the 70 inch long version! My
      error! Unrolled it and it's LONG! Listed at 27 oz. plus another 4-5
      oz. for the bag. Oh, well, not packing it this weekend....

      Stay tuned 'cause I may be offering this for sale and upgrade
      (down-size...?) to the short version...<g>... (More Below)

      > Man, this thing is comfortable! I was warm to about 50 F - it
      > didn't get any colder than that.

      Great - Looking forward to this!

      > It's not as comfortable when I lay on my side, though, and I have to
      > mess with the pad to keep it in the right place when I roll over. I
      > was using my homemade SPE, so I think a wider one would help a
      > little.

      I will be using Mr. Speer's SPE. Saw him insert the Exped DAM in the
      sleeve at Hot Springs (snug fit) and do not expect too much trouble.

      > What's the coldest you guys have gotten with a DAM as the only under
      > insulation? (SPE included, since it doesn't add insulation
      > underneath.)

      Well, I'm looking at 28F... Will let you know Monday.

      Happy Trails,

      J.D.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic