11118Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: hammock fabric question

    Nov 7, 2005
      i hover around 195-198 lbs. the hammock seems to be holding w/ no broblem, but i`m thinking mabey instead of depending on it for a winter hammock, i may make another one out of a little heavyer fabric. the 1.5 oz fabric would probaby be a good outer shell for an insulated winter hammock. ...slowhike

      Bill in Houston <zippydooda@...> wrote:A good 1.5 oz nylon should be good enough as long as you are not too
      big of a guy.

      Bill in Houston

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "tim garner" <slowhike@y...>
      wrote:

      > i think it`s nylon bill. and thanks jeff...nice page of info. i
      > saved it to my favorites & now i`m off to a chicken stew/hayride.
      i`ll
      > get back to this project tomorrow. thanks...slowride...i mean hike:~}

      tim garner