11110Waterproof body

  • Chinell, David F (GE Infrastructure)
    Nov 7, 2005
      No, I haven't got one. It's water-resistant to a certain degree, but wrinkles up pretty badly.

      But I'm asking about the body of a hammock. Aside from the rare situation of a rain so hammerous that it splashes up from the ground, is there any reason to use a waterproof material for the body of a hammock?

      I know Ed uses spray-on DWR, but I understand that's more to stop the breeze.

      Here in Florida, I'd really appreciate that breeze in the daytime. At night my pads block the breeze. So is there any advantage to a waterproof body?

      Bear