11107Re: [Hammock Camping] First Night Had to Bail

  • Bill in Houston
    Nov 7, 2005
      Another thing you could have done is lift the top part of the bag up
      and out of the hammock, allowing it to drape over the outside of the
      hammock on both sides of you, while still keeping your feet in the
      footbox. This makes a pocket of warm air over your body but lets
      more of the heat out.

      Anyway, having been comfortable, you are hooked now, so have fun and
      good luck.

      Bill in Houston

      > Rex,
      >
      > I do believe you now hold the record for the coldest temperature
      that
      > required bailing out for being hot.
      >
      > I might have just opened the bag and used it as a quilt (zipper
      > underneath me) That way, it would be infinitely adjustable.
      >
      > Rick
      >
      > rexhardy2003 wrote:
      >
      > > I learned my first lesson last night. Temps in the mid 50's aren't
      > > cold enough for what I used.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic