11051Re: bias

  • Coy
    Nov 3, 2005
      Biased? I have just the opposite view. Sure it lets the readers know
      what new products Spear Hammocks has available. But it list nearly
      every hammock maker known to man, with a convient link so you can go
      look. The articles are mostly written by Ed who happens to know a
      little about Spear Hammocks so I suspect he mentions his experiences
      with that brand hmmock. However, he has offerd anyone the chance to
      submite an article. If you hapenend to want to submit an article on
      some topic and happend to use a different brand of hammock then I'm
      sure it would be published as long as it wasn't bashing other brands.
      One thing I have noticed is that Ed does not bash other brands.

      Coy Boy

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "jsmitty77" <jsmitty7@h...> wrote:

      > I was just wondering if anyone else noticed that the hammock camping
      > newsletter is very biased. I know Ed Spear makes a living off of
      > hammocks, but if someone were to publish a newsletter, every article in
      > it should not promote 1 manufacturer. if it were the "Speer Hammock
      > Camping newsletter" then I would have no problem with this. But for
      > someone to have a newsletter that is supposed to encompass all of
      > hammock camping, why are Hennesey and Clark not represented?

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic