10847Re: IT LIVES!!! FrankenPod

  • Rat
    Oct 18, 2005
      What I did was this. I sewed three webbing loops to the hood at the
      small end. One in the middle and one on each end. I ran a piece of
      550 cord through them and ran that through the loop on the
      suspension lines where it wraps aroound my whipped ends. I secure
      the cord to my ridgeline with a taught-line hitch. The FrankenPod is
      pushed to the foot end, I get in, pull the pod over me, then I slide
      the taught-line hitch down towards my feet and it brings the hood up
      tight to the hammock bottom.

      Rigged this way I can easily ventilate the pod by slipping the
      taught-line hitch back towards my head (letting air between the pod
      and the hammock bottom) or, if it gets colder, I will be able to
      stuff some more insulation between the pod and the hammock and be
      able to adjust the compression while I am in the hammock by myself.

      I will post some close-up pictures 2morrow.

      > I can see a cord on the blue part that ends up under your head. ho
      do you keep that part
      > spread out as wide as your head under you? I ended up cutting the
      hood part off of 2
      > bags i fixed to slide over my hammock.
      >
      > Coy Boy
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic