10598RE: [Hammock Camping] Re: Hammocks in parks

    Oct 4, 2005
      In spite of the numerous State Parks around the country that disallow
      hammocks, two in South Carolina actually encourage hammock use! Edisto
      Beach SP & Huntington Beach SP buck the no-hammock trend and offer
      ocean-side camp sites where you are welcome to hang your hammock from the
      palm trees! Some of the Edisto Beach sites are spectacular with good ocean
      views-reservations are necessary since only a few camp sites have palm
      trees. As far as I know, these are the only two state parks in the US that
      welcome hammocks.

      Let's start a list of hammock-friendly parks. Anyone know of others? I'll
      put the list in all future issues of the Hammock Camping Newsletter...Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

      _____