10590Re: Hammocks in parks

  • Anthony Smith
    Oct 3, 2005
      The state parks in Florida don't allow you to tie ANYTHING (hammocks
      included) to the trees, and have even gone as far as threaten groups I've
      been with before to remove the group from the park for tying anything at all
      to a tree. The state forest campgrounds, however, allow whatever you want to
      be tied to the trees, as long as it doesn't damage the trees. That means
      that the state forests get my campground fees, and the state parks loose
      out. Although I still greatly prefer to camp in the woods and not have all
      the other people near me.