10542Re: Exped DAM

  • dlfrost_1
    Sep 27, 2005
      > How many folks here have used the Exped DAM? I'm thinking about
      > getting one and wondering how well they work in a hammock. I know
      > Ed's was comfy at the April SEHHA, but I only laid on it for a few
      > minutes.
      >
      > Can you guys offer some insights?
      > - How long does it take to blow up with the stuff sack?
      > - How easy it to inflate in the hammock? Did you have to put it on
      > the ground to inflate and deflate?

      Ed pumped up a torso-length Exped for us at the hammock hangout and
      it was somewhat slow going because (like most DAMs) the seam-sealed
      stuffsack is used like a bellows to pump the thing up. It should be
      just as easy (easier?) to inflate in the hammock as on the ground.

      A SPD/DAM/sleeping-bag setup is what I'm planning on for winter
      camping.

      Doug Frost
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic