10331Re: [Hammock Camping] Hammocks and hurricane recovery

  • Sandy Kramer
    Sep 6, 2005
      thanks..

      i was thinking...since there aren't likely to be any/many trees around....is it "worth" giving him the hammock? (bearing in mind that I was supposed to go kayak camping this weekend and it was going to be my first time using it? But I may have to cancel out of that.)

      maybe i'll send him the HH URL for the pix of hammocks hanging from tanks etc. and let him decide (ease the guilt that way!)

      i have a box with some face masks...

      J J <jwj32542@...> wrote:
      Just normal old baby wipes work fine...these were godsends in the
      desert. Walmart and some grocery stores also sell lemon-scented
      anti-bacterial wipes in a plastic "can" that work pretty well, but
      they're more expensive.

      Hand sanitizer is awesome, too. It stings a bit at first, but can take
      care of the funk in "those places" when you have no other options.
      Pumps work good for back in the tent, and small bottles are great to
      carry in your pocket. Keeping clean hands in an environment like that
      can make a HUGE difference in staying healthy. I'm surprised they're
      not all wearing medical facemasks, actually...all that junk in the
      water is about to start floating in the air.

      Jeff