10327Re: [Hammock Camping] Hammocks and hurricane recovery

  • Sandy Kramer
    Sep 5, 2005
      My son-in-law is a police sergeant and will be going to Ms on Friday...mainly to act as security for the rescue folk. Would you please that a Miami-Dade County Fire Rescue truck was hijacked in New Orleans and the thugs stole all their equipment?????

      Anyway, my daughter called today to see if i could put together some camping gear for him. He thought he would be taking his green-and-white but apparently they might be bussing them......lightweight gear to the rescue.

      having seen and read the "testimonials" about HHs from military personnel in afghanistan (?) and Iraq, I'm going to lend him my Byer's Hammock (willl I ever get it back I wonder? Had better see if they have any more at $20!!

      I'll be putting stuff together with him and hope I won't be kissing them goodbye....hell, I KNOW they probably won't come back..... tis all for a good and very worthy cause.

      i seem to think that somewhere I bought some bath "baby wipes" but will someone please help me find some sort of cleaning wipes since they are not likely to have access to running water for showers.

      but he ain't getting my Slinglight chair!!!

      sandy in miami

      Sandy Kramer