10326Hammock pad thickness

  • Dennis Rowell
    Sep 5, 2005
      I just recently went backpacking in Mineral King using my Hennessy
      Ultralight Backpacker hammock. The temperature was about 35 degrees
      at
      the coldest, with a slight breeze. I was using a 3/8" blue foam pad
      under me, a Western Mountaineering Highlite sleeping bag (rated at 35
      degrees), and wearing a fleece vest and pants. I was warm on top but
      almost froze my back - how thick of a pad do I need at 35 degrees? I
      know that underquilts are probably the warmest, but I want to keep my
      gear ultralight. Thanks,

      Dennis
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic