10316Re: [Hammock Camping] Silk Hammocks-wood stoves

  • Bill Fornshell
    Sep 1, 2005
      My old wood stove weighs 6.5oz. I am working on a new
      design with some different materials and the new stove
      should weigh a little less. The 6.5oz weight does not
      count the battery for the small fan I use. I also use
      the battery for my LED.

      My wood stove's like my new alcohol stoves are
      designed to use modern combustion theory and
      techniques.

      Bill in Texas

      --- dlfrost_1 <dlfrost@...> wrote:

      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ray
      > Garlington"
      > <rgarling@y...> wrote:
      > > > I am going back to the small wood stove I made a
      > few
      > > > years ago and see if I can up-grade the basic
      > design
      > > > idea.
      > > be sure to take a look at Rick's web page about
      > his wood stoves.
      > He
      > > had some really good ideas. I shouldn't admit
      > this, but I have
      > > purchased a JetBoil.
      >
      > I've caught the woodstove bug as well. It turns out
      > that there's a
      > small army of people out in the world working on how
      > to make cheap,
      > efficient wood/biomass-fueled stoves, mostly for the
      > third-world
      > poor. Huge amounts of info on the net too--lots of
      > calculations
      > already worked out, plans, etcetera. The trick for
      > backpackers is
      > getting the weight down while retaining the
      > efficiency. (If I come
      > up with anything I'll put it online.) Anyone have
      > any
      > recommendations as to which stove list/forum is the
      > best?
      >
      > Doug Frost

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic