10315Re: [Hammock Camping] Silk Hammocks

  • dlfrost_1
    Sep 1, 2005
      <rgarling@y...> wrote:
      > > I am going back to the small wood stove I made a few
      > > years ago and see if I can up-grade the basic design
      > > idea.
      > be sure to take a look at Rick's web page about his wood stoves.
      He
      > had some really good ideas. I shouldn't admit this, but I have
      > purchased a JetBoil.

      I've caught the woodstove bug as well. It turns out that there's a
      small army of people out in the world working on how to make cheap,
      efficient wood/biomass-fueled stoves, mostly for the third-world
      poor. Huge amounts of info on the net too--lots of calculations
      already worked out, plans, etcetera. The trick for backpackers is
      getting the weight down while retaining the efficiency. (If I come
      up with anything I'll put it online.) Anyone have any
      recommendations as to which stove list/forum is the best?

      Doug Frost
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic