10100Re: [Hammock Camping] New Hammock

  • Sandy Kramer
    Aug 10, 2005
      I ordered both items from different companies.

      until i come up with something better and lighter, I use 2"wide luggage straps (99 cents each).

      I wrap them around the tree and then place the micro rope over that. let me know if your dollar store doesn't carry them and i can mail you a pair...or perhaps you can come up with something else.

      here's another dumb decision i have to make. the 2" Fastex buckle from one of the straps was broken while wrapped around a suitcase. That one I just wrap around and tuck in. The other I actually do buckle it up. I KNOW this adds more bulk and weight, but I haven't been able to make myself cut it off yet.!!

      perhaps i don't need 2" wide and could use 1"......

      RedsTanMenagerie@... wrote:
      You ordered them to? Hmm all i got was the hammock (and loving it). I
      bought this tiny rope for the rain fly and then bought some nylon to make a pair
      of tree huggers and some thicker rope to tie the hammock to the huggers.
      Haha i had no idea i was getting the micro ropes haha. I saw them at REI but
      REI sells them for about $20 so i passed! They also sold the nonbug version of
      my new hammock there for $45!! And the HH asym was $169!! The cheapest i
      saw it for was $89 online and they want $169???

      Thow i had the REI pople really excited about the idea of using my packgoat
      to get my disabled son into the back country! He was with me and got to meet
      him (my son) and thought it was the coolest ever.

      Your ever bad speller.
      Melissa and Tao

      Camping tents Camping hammock Happy camper Outdoors