Re: [hameltech] Re: inner cone magnets

  • Jan Vít
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2000

      I am experimenting with the Universe model, I metioned it a few posts
      ago. Important to this model is the momentum, as it relys on the
      effects shown in the SMOT. You caught my attention with
      that 'momentum diagram'. How do you draw a momentum diagram? I know
      the momentum equation is mass times velocity, or mass times velocity
      times radius for angular momentum. What is a momentum diagram?
      --- In hameltech@egroups.com, Jan Vít <jan.vit@i...> wrote:
      > Dear Chris,

      That can be easily shown theoreticaly, if you draw the momentum
      diagram.

      > Best experimenting                                    Jan
    • Jan Vít
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2000
        Dear Mike,

            I have been speaking about the statical momentum equilibrium - the equilibrium from the statical forces. See attachment. On the upper picture there is the situation without the center cone magnets. The picture is simplified. I have drawn the forces influencing the middle cone. Suspension is the suspension force from the cylinder ring magnets. The force from the upper cone is divided into radial and axial forces. As you can see the bottom cone reaction is acting to the right, so the bottom cone must be tilted to the left. The three cones make no isotop line, but only a bow. That knows everybody who experimented with 3CD.
            On the bottom picture there is the same situation, but with the middle cone magnets. That's possible for the bottom cone to be tilted to the right, but only dynamiclly, not statically. I'm planning to motorize 3CD, so as to force the wobble to the cones. I need two sine signals for two electromagnets for each cone, which will be placed somewhwre on/above/behind the cylinder magnets. The signals must be pi/2 shifted, the electromagnets on the circumference of the cylinder ring must be also pi/2 shifted. The (two) sine signals must be tunable, say from 1 Hz to 20 kHz, the phase shift being pi/2 for each frequency. (Can anybody send me the electric scheme?) The cylinder electromagnets for each cone will be shifted for something between pi/2 and pi.
            That's obvious the bottom cone needs no center cone magnet, and the two center cone magnets are differently oriented.

            Any comments?
                                                            Regards Jan
        Sent: Monday, July 31, 2000 3:13 PM
        Subject: [hameltech] Re: inner cone magnets

        Jan-
        I am experimenting with the Universe model, I metioned it a few posts
        ago. Important to this model is the momentum, as it relys on the
        effects shown in the SMOT. You caught my attention with
        that 'momentum diagram'. How do you draw a momentum diagram? I know
        the momentum equation is mass times velocity, or mass times velocity
        times radius for angular momentum. What is a momentum diagram?

        Mike Mo.