Re: 11112 Reineventing the Wheel

  • dgogos <jgogos@axa.com.au>
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2003
      Why Re-Invent the Wheel?
      So many individuals in this group have tried again and again and
      again to re-invent the 3 cone device. But have Never bothered to get
      it to work in the first place by following the original
      recommendations of the man that invented it in the first place,Mr.
      Hamel.
      Example; some have tried small and even tiny cones, Mr. Hamel said
      BIG, build big! He used bicycle rims, it does make the job very
      easy and accuracy is almost guaranteed, some tried 2 cones, etc.etc.

      Tom Mackenzie got a working device and it was verified by other
      witnesses, and possibly another 2 or 3 other individuals have had
      some success. This is not an overwhelming success rate, so why do
      people in this group like to deviate from what Mr. Hamel has asked
      and recommended. A large number of members here seem to enjoy coming
      up with new and untried methods, Before they've had the slightest
      success, or even hands on experience with this technology.
      I see wild speculations and grand theories by a number of individuals
      here, this only helps to confuse, and amongst the confusion and
      grandiose BS the Truth gets compromised!!!
      Please try and get the 3 cone device working first in its original
      specs, then try different methods, and the grand theorizing, well it
      served it's porpose well one night at Mr. Hamels, he, John P. and I
      had one hell'va good belly laugh reading some of the postings of
      individuals with grand ideas. However, Mr. Hamel was also impressed
      by some of the insight's that this group of people have.
      Re-invent the wheel? go for it, maybe a square one will be better,
      but i think it prudent to prove that Mr. Hamels ideas / concepts
      first, then do the re-inventing, if you must.

      jim
      JG...Downunder
    • Time02112 <Time02112@scientist.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2003
        Point well noted,
        perhaps learning an in depth practical hands-on 101 introduction is
        best, prior to further any attempts to improve upon something that
        has been tried & proven to work! (understandable)-
        Quite Right Indeed!
        so the next question is..
        If it's not broken, why bother to fix it?

        ---T12

        --- In hameltech@yahoogroups.com, "dgogos <jgogos@a...>"