Re: [hameltech] 11112 Building the 3CD with plastic

  • Timothy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2003
      flat out Travis... we don't know...
      the only one who does know says aluminum will
      work but is building his out of stainless
      steel... (Mr.Hamel)
      if it is cheap... try it??? (if you build it with
      the thought that replacing the plastic with
      metal... then it could save you money if it does
      not work? because the magnets would be reusable)
      Please post your pics... and especially if it
      does NOT work... tell us all about it...
      failure is as important as success in all fields
      of science... and Yes I do feel this is still
      science...
      Even if it brakes all the �rules� :)
      Timothy...

      --- "Travis <Caesar2001_2000@...>"

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • dgogos <jgogos@axa.com.au>
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2003
        Why Re-Invent the Wheel?
        So many individuals in this group have tried again and again and
        again to re-invent the 3 cone device. But have Never bothered to get
        it to work in the first place by following the original
        recommendations of the man that invented it in the first place,Mr.
        Hamel.
        Example; some have tried small and even tiny cones, Mr. Hamel said
        BIG, build big! He used bicycle rims, it does make the job very
        easy and accuracy is almost guaranteed, some tried 2 cones, etc.etc.

        Tom Mackenzie got a working device and it was verified by other
        witnesses, and possibly another 2 or 3 other individuals have had
        some success. This is not an overwhelming success rate, so why do
        people in this group like to deviate from what Mr. Hamel has asked
        and recommended. A large number of members here seem to enjoy coming
        up with new and untried methods, Before they've had the slightest
        success, or even hands on experience with this technology.
        I see wild speculations and grand theories by a number of individuals
        here, this only helps to confuse, and amongst the confusion and
        grandiose BS the Truth gets compromised!!!
        Please try and get the 3 cone device working first in its original
        specs, then try different methods, and the grand theorizing, well it
        served it's porpose well one night at Mr. Hamels, he, John P. and I
        had one hell'va good belly laugh reading some of the postings of
        individuals with grand ideas. However, Mr. Hamel was also impressed
        by some of the insight's that this group of people have.
        Re-invent the wheel? go for it, maybe a square one will be better,
        but i think it prudent to prove that Mr. Hamels ideas / concepts
        first, then do the re-inventing, if you must.

        jim
        JG...Downunder
      • Time02112 <Time02112@scientist.com>
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2003
          Point well noted,
          perhaps learning an in depth practical hands-on 101 introduction is
          best, prior to further any attempts to improve upon something that
          has been tried & proven to work! (understandable)-
          Quite Right Indeed!
          so the next question is..
          If it's not broken, why bother to fix it?

          ---T12

          --- In hameltech@yahoogroups.com, "dgogos <jgogos@a...>"