Re: Hamels Craft

  • Ole Jensen <ole_thor@yahoo.ca>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 19, 2003
      Travis,
      I am working on the document that will cover the current status.
      in very general terms, not far enough to get done in less than
      5 years.

      Quite a number of people have been to see him, regularly. I live
      about 3 hours away, near Ottawa.

      I am not expecting to go on the Ark. This would most likely
      for small children and a few adults. maximum use of space.

      It has never been mentioned that this is a short use craft.
      It should be able to run for quite some time, no known reason
      for any other answer to that one.

      the only smaller version is the stage one engine he built on top
      of a structure in front of his house in Vancouver. it took off,
      he got 5 pictures and hassled by the authorities. He has told me
      that in order for it to be controlled, there must be at least 2
      stages of the engine built. in order for it to take off, it will
      have to have all 3 stages.

      by the way, wings are primarily increasing the diameter, bellows
      are primarily increasing the height. the wings are kind
      of like a huge skirt, the bellows is like a rectangular fan
      curved along the veritcal axis so that a number of them will
      fit in a circle around each set of wings going from the
      outside of the previous stage to the inside of the next stage.

      Ole.

      --- In hameltech@yahoogroups.com, "Travis <Caesar2001_2000@Y...>"