Re: Subscription policies

  • jszymanek2000 <jszymanek2000@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 10, 2003
      Hi Deborah,

      I am aware of the no flames setting, but I'd rather not use it. It
      will slow the flow of emails, and it can or could seem like
      censorship. And of course it creates extra work ;-)

      Right now the group is quite open, anyone can join and anyone who has
      joined can post. This is how I like it, it is very open for free
      speach. However in the past few days we have been reminded that free
      speach comes at a price. I like to give warnings before banning, but
      I have given up on that.

      We have made Steve a moderator with us because he is online more than
      Mike and I are. Steve is going to help police the group. Should this
      problem continue (usually it occurs in brief spurts), we are going to
      require moderator approval before a new member is accepted (at sign
      up). This way we will be able to screen out trouble makers from
      rejoining (by looking at nick and IP), and hopefully keep the floor
      open.

      I hope we will never have to go all the way to a no flames policy.
      Thanks!
      -Justin