[hameltech] RATTS!!!!

  • BRANDON VASQUEZ
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2000
      HEY GUYS
      I CANT SEEM TO FIND A PARTS LIST FOR THE 55 GALLON DRUM
      EXPERIMENT. I NEED A LIST SO I CAN GO BUY THE STUFF TO PUT IT TOGETHER
      WITH. SO I WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY COULD HELP ME OUT A LITTLE?
    • John & Gloria Squires
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2000
        Brandon,
        We are currently building a Hamel Drum experiment.  There is no parts list available that I know of.  Originally we built to Steve's design using two cones instead of three since he reportedly had some success with his design.  He must have been very lucky to get it to work at all if it really did.  We found the techniques noted to be unworkable.  Materials were inferior and proper tolerances could not be maintained.  There are many people working on these things and none except the small three cone version in a coffee can has worked yet.  We are going to finish and test what we have built but will be very surprised if anything unusual happens.  Everyone is doing things a little different to see what will work.  We make up parts as we go since we have a machine and welding shop.  If  you would like a picture of what our cones and rings look like let me know and I will email you one.
        For more information check out the following URLs:

        http://members.xoom.com/hameltech    Mini hamel drum experiment that worked.
        http://members.xoom.com/_XOOM/undergsci/45gdlog.html
        http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/woonbiologie/davidhamel.html
        http://members.xoom.com/_XOOM/undergsci/3cones.html
        http://members.xoom.com/_XOOM/undergsci/steve45gd.html
        http://members.xoom.com/_XOOM/undergsci/45gdp.html
        http://members.xoom.com/_XOOM/undergsci/hamelpointers.html
        http://members.xoom.com/_XOOM/undergsci/dukeinfo.html
        wysiwyg://15/http://www.fortunecity.com/roswell/divination/581/
        and also hameltech@egroups.com

        This should give you a good introduction into things.  Don't jump into buying things until you have done your research.  We should be testing ours within the next week or so.  A parts list for something that doesn't work is pretty worthless.  Happy studying and success.
        John

        BRANDON VASQUEZ wrote:

        HEY GUYS
                I CANT SEEM TO FIND A PARTS LIST FOR THE 55 GALLON DRUM
        EXPERIMENT.  I NEED A LIST SO I CAN GO BUY THE STUFF TO PUT IT TOGETHER
        WITH.  SO I WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY COULD HELP ME OUT A LITTLE?

        Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa! Rates as low as 2.9%
        Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points,
        no hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and get the
        credit youdeserve! Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at:
        http://click.egroups.com/1/912/1/_/264697/_/949452699/

        -- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=hameltech&m=1

      • Patrick Parsons
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2000
          Here is a good place to start....
          Note that there is no real list. Read all you can find on the subject and
          then build it with what you have to work with or can get.
          Patrick.