Tom Mackenzie

  • johndavidpasley <john@jpasley.freeserve.
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 2002
      Many people will remember Tom and a number of people have been
      worried about what has become of him. I am glad to report he is alive
      and well, after tracking him down I met him yesterday. There have
      been many changes in his life which is why he isn't in contact with
      the group or Mr Hamel.

      He asked me to pass on this message to the group,"Last year visiting
      Mr Hamel and working with him was a wonderful time of my life, but I
      can't do it at the moment."

      We didn't talk too much about Hameltech but he did have the following
      advice on magnet strength. Tom found that the magnetic strengh was
      different in every magnet, he didn't realise this at first and his
      device did not balance due to this. When he realised, he tested each
      magnet's strength by seeing if they would lift a particular piece of
      steel, he then only used those magnets with a similar strength. He
      found that he had to discard nearly half of his magnets as they were
      too strong or too weak.

      Looking at world events, he introduced me to the excellent
      phrase, "Weapons of mass media." Good to see he has kept his sense of
      humour.

      Regards

      John
    • Bryan St.Clair
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 11, 2002
        John,

        I'm so very glad to hear that Tom's OK. I certainly
        respect his need for privacy, but if you speak with
        him again please tell him that we wish him well.

        =====
        Bryan St.Clair
        http://www.geocities.com/stclairtech/
        http://www.geocities.com/stclairstore/