Re: [hameltech] Re: Individual Cone Balancing

  • Val Gruno
    Message 1 of 29 , Oct 13, 2002

      Hi Andrew (homekiwi),

      What is your gap between the ring magnets and the cone magnets?

      How did you determine the distance to use for your gap?

      I know what I did to get my distance and am curious as to how you did it.

      Val

      Do you Yahoo!?
      faith.yahoo.com
    • Val Gruno
      Message 2 of 29 , Oct 13, 2002

        Hi Andrew (homekiwi),

        Attached is a picture of the inside of my cone.

        Val

        Do you Yahoo!?
        faith.yahoo.com
      • homekiwi
        Message 3 of 29 , Oct 14, 2002
          Hi Val,

          --- In hameltech@y..., Val Gruno <vgruno2000@y...> wrote:

          > Hi Andrew (homekiwi),
          > What is your gap between the ring magnets and the cone magnets?
          > How did you determine the distance to use for your gap?

          From Steve D's site:
          "I asked for more specs on the spacing between the cone rim magnets
          and their opposing ring magnets. He said that The spacing when not
          wobbling was very small, about 1/4 inch. The wobble was also very
          small, about 1/16 inch. He said that the isotope line barely moved."
          http://www.entrenet.com/~stevend/haml45gd/h45gdavd/h45gdavd.htm

          Andrew.

          > I know what I did to get my distance and am curious as to how you
          did it.
          > Val

          > Faith Hill - Exclusive Performances, Videos, & more
          > faith.yahoo.com
        • David K
          Message 4 of 29 , Oct 14, 2002

            You know I have always thought you need both the inner and outer cones to make the device work.  You seem to only have the outer cones?  Or is there another cone that goes into this one?

            Message 5 of 29 , Oct 14, 2002

              I would make the frame if I were you.  The amount of movement in the outer ring will definitely hamper your balancing efforts.  I had to put my frame in the 45 gallon drum in order to get the frame rigid enough to hold the cones.  Also if the ring is in a frame you can make minor adjustments to the height of the ring which is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.  A change of one millimetre can make the difference between balancing and crashing.  I can’t stress this enough.

                    When I had all my cones in and balanced I actually had to add another 2kg of lead into each cone to get them moving right.  I used the lead to even out the weight of the cones.

                    My gap is almost an inch.  That is due to the strong magnets I used.  They are :

              10011 D29* 10mm

              I bought them from here: http://www.magneticforce.com.au/

              They are actually quite strong and then when you have a ring of them you start to realise how weak the magnets could have been.  Every time someone mentions neodymium magnets I have a laugh.  They would be so strong I would actually say it might be dangerous.

              I just saw your picture.  Can I say I think you have missed the point of balancing.  Don’t worry about balancing the cone like this.  You need to have the magnets to do the balancing.  What balancing means is ensuring the outer ring of magnets is perfectly in line with the cones magnets.  Ie the outer ring has to be perfectly level and the cone rim should be level.  I made my outer ring adjustable so I could raise it at 4 points around the outside.  I also used electrical tape to hold the cone magnet ring in place allowing me to perform small adjustments.  You won’t need to attach the cone ring too strongly at the start as long as it’s a tight fit. Because the ring of magnets is suspended (and quite heavy) and the cone shape stops it from flipping over, the cone can be riveted later when you have “balanced” it.  Sorry, I have always known that people missed the point of balancing.  A lot of the hameltech stuff uses words differently to how they are defined, just listen to David Hamel for a minute and you’ll understand J

                    The minor imperfections of the out of balanced cone will not matter once you get it into the magnetic frame.

              As an aside, my cones have been vibrating for a couple of months now.  Though I haven’t got any other effects I haven’t ever really tried to get measurements or anything.  They just look cool sitting there and every now and then they “kick  like the wave suddenly coincides with itself.  Whoever said all this stuff is rubbish is very wrong and obviously lazy.  Just make it.  Your spring idea is interesting, I thought of that one and it will give you the desired movement.  That’s something at least.  You get to see the snake, just no bee…

              David K

              Message 6 of 29 , Oct 14, 2002
                YOUR DRUM IS MADE OF GRANITE???????
                Please explain! How did you make this? How big is it? Do you still
                have the metal inner like the 45gd?

                Message 7 of 29 , Oct 14, 2002

                   Hi David K,

                  The cones can be made in many different ways, the picture of my cone is my cone. Made out of solid aluminum machined to this shape.

                  It took 4 hours to machine one cone. So figure 12 hours for 3. The cone weight (each cone is @ 110 grams. Prior to additional machining they weighed considerably more and crashed when I tried to balance the third cone on top. My magnets are @ 12mm in dia. and @ 4mm thick. An inner and outer cone is not necessary but seeing the success Bryan has had with his I think most are following his example and I think it is a wise choice. If I am correct he adds water between the inner and outer cones to adjust the weight of each cone. If additional weight is required in my cones I would need to add lead or some other material.

                  If you have any other questions about what I did feel free to ask.

                  Val

                  Do you Yahoo!?
                  faith.yahoo.com
                • Val Gruno
                  Message 8 of 29 , Oct 14, 2002

                     Hello homekiwi ,

                    My method of choosing my gap went like this.

                    I held 2 magnets together both in the repelling mode--ie south south or north north--I brought them together until the field was so strong that they wanted to slide sideways away from each other--then I backed them off until you felt an equal force --at this point I measured--or had somebody measure the distance between them --when that was done I moved them in a little closer and measured again--I split the difference between the measurements and designed the ring around the cone with the magnets and included the dimension of the magnet to the ring and achieved good dimensions. As you can see my cones are balanced.

                    Val

                    Do you Yahoo!?
                    faith.yahoo.com
                  • homekiwi
                    Message 9 of 29 , Oct 15, 2002
                      Hi David,

                      --- In hameltech@y..., "David K" <dkouk@b...> wrote:
                      > I would make the frame if I were you. The amount of movement in the
                      > outer ring will definitely hamper your balancing efforts.

                      With the trial setup, the outer ring was rock-solid because it was
                      clamped to the bench. It is the top-heaviness of the cone combined
                      with the magnets preferring to mate top-to-bottom that meant that it
                      would never find a happy balance unless something was holding the
                      lower point from moving sideways.

                      I had to put
                      > my frame in the 45 gallon drum in order to get the frame rigid
                      enough to
                      > hold the cones. Also if the ring is in a frame you can make minor
                      > adjustments to the height of the ring which is EXTREMELY
                      IMPORTANT. A
                      > change of one millimetre can make the difference between balancing
                      and
                      > crashing. I can't stress this enough.

                      The frame is half built. I have used 18mm MDF board for
                      the chassis, and will put a six section steel shell around it for
                      stiffness. If I leave a 120 degree 'window' in the shell initially,
                      it will mean that the cones can be loaded into the side rather than
                      the top, which is 6'3" high and rather close to the roof. All going
                      well I can screw the last two steel sections on afterwards.

                      <snip>

                      > I just saw your picture. Can I say I think you have missed the
                      point of
                      > balancing. Don't worry about balancing the cone like this. You
                      need to
                      > have the magnets to do the balancing.

                      Which magnets are you referring to here please?

                      What balancing means is ensuring
                      > the outer ring of magnets is perfectly in line with the cones
                      magnets.
                      > Ie the outer ring has to be perfectly level and the cone rim should
                      be
                      > level.

                      Doesn't Mr Hamel say in several places that the outer ring magnets
                      should be slightly lower than the ones on the cones, so the cones are
                      held up and are weightless without the rejection magnet?

                      <snip>

                      > As an aside, my cones have been vibrating for a couple of months
                      now.

                      ******* WOAH!!! ******** Are you saying that you have a working
                      device that really does defy conventional scientific logic?

                      Would you be able/interested to post a video clip or sound file of it
                      operation? Alternatively, I'd be half keen to pop over for a weekend
                      to have a look myself...
                      http://web.archive.org/web/20011006202526/http://www.users.bigpond.com
                      /dkouk/45gd.html

                      Do you have a more up to date site these days?

                      > Though I haven't got any other effects I haven't ever really tried
                      > get measurements or anything. They just look cool sitting there and
                      > every now and then they "kick" like the wave suddenly coincides
                      with
                      > itself.

                      A similar thing happens with the cone on the springs. It makes three
                      different movements; a sway, a gyration, and a wobble -all out of
                      sync with e/o. When they occasionally coincide, a kind of twitch
                      occurs which adds a further random motion to its movement. All quite
                      interesting to watch.

                      Whoever said all this stuff is rubbish is very wrong and
                      > obviously lazy. Just make it. Your spring idea is interesting, I
                      > thought of that one and it will give you the desired movement.
                      That's
                      > something at least. You get to see the snake, just no bee.
                      >
                      > David K

                      Kind regards,
                      Andrew.
                    • homekiwi
                      Message 10 of 29 , Oct 15, 2002
                        Hi Val,

                        What happens if you have just one cone in the outer ring, will it
                        (any of them) still sit in place without the others for support?

                        Perhaps it is not important for this to happen, but it would remove
                        the chance of there being unseen 'stresses' within the assembled
                        stack if, for example, the middle cone was always trying to escape
                        sideways, and was being held in by the other cones.

                        The only reliable way that I can think of to acheive individual
                        balance is by using two rings of outer magnets, one to stop the cone
                        rim going down, and one to stop it tipping up. But that's getting a
                        bit overkill :-)

                        Andrew.

                        --- In hameltech@y..., Val Gruno <vgruno2000@y...> wrote:

                        > Hello homekiwi ,
                        > My method of choosing my gap went like this.
                        > I held 2 magnets together both in the repelling mode--ie south
                        south or north north--I brought them together until the field was so
                        strong that they wanted to slide sideways away from each other--then
                        I backed them off until you felt an equal force --at this point I
                        measured--or had somebody measure the distance between them --when
                        that was done I moved them in a little closer and measured again--I
                        split the difference between the measurements and designed the ring
                        around the cone with the magnets and included the dimension of the
                        magnet to the ring and achieved good dimensions. As you can see my
                        cones are balanced.
                        > Val

                        > Faith Hill - Exclusive Performances, Videos, & more
                        > faith.yahoo.com
                      • David K
                        Message 11 of 29 , Oct 15, 2002
                          Hi Andrew,
                          Sorry if I am sounding misleading (I know what I mean :-) ) yes
                          the outer rings need to be slightly lower than the cone rings. When I
                          said the rings have to be perfectly aligned I mean they both need to be
                          parallel.

                          The magnets I am referring to are the outer ring magnets and the cone
                          magnets. In the picture I saw I thought you only had the cone magnets
                          and were trying to balance the cones. So I suppose you must then have
                          all the magnets. Cool.

                          > clamped to the bench. It is the top-heaviness of the cone combined
                          >with the magnets preferring to mate top-to-bottom that meant that it
                          >would never find a happy balance unless something was holding the
                          >lower point from moving sideways.
                          This is why I used strong base magnets to start with and had the whole
                          thing in the drum.

                          > is 6'3" high and rather close to the roof
                          REALLY? That's pretty big! Or is that on a stand because I think the
                          device needs to be isolated from the ground (perhaps why I never got
                          energy from it)

                          And yes I have had a working device for a long time now. I have told
                          all of you guys but no one really is interested. I also made my own WIS
                          device which also seemed to keep vibrating (though at the time I lived
                          next to a main road and have a feeling it was getting vibrations from
                          there.. or something). It is just a jar with a magnet suspended inside
                          and the jar sits on another magnet. The way I suspended the magnet
                          seems to integrate the isotope line. Since I now know how easy this
                          thing is to make I don't really care to show it off. You guys should
                          just build one yourself and get that satisfaction. I did make a small
                          film but since the vibration is so small you can't see it, you really
                          need to feel it. I know it sounds like I am doing a "Steve" but I
                          simply did what David Hamel told us to do and it worked. It isn't
                          rocket science :-) And remember that I haven't ever tried to tap energy
                          off (well I did try but got nothing so I gave up). I can give you the
                          wire wrap pictures, I got them from Brian St Claire who also got his
                          device working.
                          Finally I want to assure you that this device does not defy
                          conventional scientific logic. Its all in the year 12 school physics
                          books. You just need to understand how to apply it. Look into
                          vibrations and apply that knowledge to three cones.

                          RE website. I haven't really had time to do any more work with my
                          device and my website sort of got stale. Since it is in the archives
                          there I figured I would just take it down so no one thinks I am actually
                          active these days. Sorry, but I am happy to help anyone else with
                          these things.

> [...]

                          > Though I haven't got any other effects I haven't ever really tried
                          > get measurements or anything. They just look cool sitting there and
                          > every now and then they "kick" like the wave suddenly coincides
                          with
                          > itself.

                          A similar thing happens with the cone on the springs. It makes three
                          different movements; a sway, a gyration, and a wobble -all out of
                          sync with e/o. When they occasionally coincide, a kind of twitch
                          occurs which adds a further random motion to its movement. All quite
                          interesting to watch.

                          Whoever said all this stuff is rubbish is very wrong and
                          > obviously lazy. Just make it. Your spring idea is interesting, I
                          > thought of that one and it will give you the desired movement.
                          That's
                          > something at least. You get to see the snake, just no bee.

                          Kind regards,
                          Andrew.

                          Subscribe: hameltech-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                        • Nathan Young
                          Message 12 of 29 , Oct 15, 2002
                            Val,
                            would you have happened to post the pictures of your machined cones? I might
                            have missed them. and if you havnt could you please? if you can.
                            Thanx
                            Nathan

                            >From: Val Gruno <vgruno2000@...>
                            >To: hameltech@yahoogroups.com
                            >Subject: RE: [hameltech] Re: Individual Cone Balancing
                            >Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 16:03:53 -0700 (PDT)
                            >

                            > Hi David K,
                            >The cones can be made in many different ways, the picture of my cone is my
                            >cone. Made out of solid aluminum machined to this shape.
                            >It took 4 hours to machine one cone. So figure 12 hours for 3. The cone
                            >weight (each cone is @ 110 grams. Prior to additional machining they
                            >weighed considerably more and crashed when I tried to balance the third
                            >cone on top. My magnets are @ 12mm in dia. and @ 4mm thick. An inner and
                            >outer cone is not necessary but seeing the success Bryan has had with his I
                            >think most are following his example and I think it is a wise choice. If I
                            >am correct he adds water between the inner and outer cones to adjust the
                            >weight of each cone. If additional weight is required in my cones I would
                            >need to add lead or some other material.
                            >If you have any other questions about what I did feel free to ask.
                            >Val

                            >Faith Hill - Exclusive Performances, Videos, & more
                            >faith.yahoo.com

                          • johndavidpasley
                            Message 13 of 29 , Oct 15, 2002
                              Hi David,

                              Well done getting your device to work! Dont worry people are
                              interested, but dont expect a landslide. Given there are 308 members
                              on this group and only 5 or so ever make any contribution to Mr Hamel
                              himself, they are not all going to be piling to your door!! Although
                              i believe the barrel device will work under a number of different
                              variations, your design appears close to the original Mr Hamel device
                              with parrallel magnets to rings and a double cone.

                              I dont believe you will get more than just perpetual motion (pretty
                              good in itself) unless you have the top rejection magnet working in
                              conjunction with the top cone magnet, this is where you get 'the
                              spark'. You also would need to cover the device, such as a barrel. A
                              problem arises then, as your device will become detectable via the
                              electricity board and perhaps more. An expensive way of shielding a
                              device that I have discussed with Mr Hamel is granite shielding. You
                              would need 8" thick all around the machine, this is likely to be many
                              thousands of dollars, though perhaps you could try thinner. The other
                              option is to restrict testing to areas several miles from both
                              electricity cables and your own home. I dont think you will have a
                              problem unless you have a cover. Please do anything you can do share
                              your design and get other people up and running, many are missing
                              something obvious to you or using the wrong materials. Unfortunately
                              most members are happy just sitting down, sprouting non peer reviewed
                              rubbish, I wish people wouldn't as my delete button is getting worn
                              out.

                              Regards

                              John

                            • Ole Jensen
                              Message 14 of 29 , Oct 15, 2002
                                David,
                                in this message #7787, you mentioned a WIS in a jar experiment
                                that you did, that worked. do you have a picture of the
                                device, it sounds simple to build, and I'd like to try it.

                                Ole.
                                --- In hameltech@y..., "David K" <dkouk@b...> wrote:

                                snip

                                > all of you guys but no one really is interested. I also made my
                                own WIS
                                > device which also seemed to keep vibrating (though at the time I
                                lived
                                > next to a main road and have a feeling it was getting vibrations
                                from
                                > there.. or something). It is just a jar with a magnet suspended
                                inside
                                > and the jar sits on another magnet. The way I suspended the magnet
                                > seems to integrate the isotope line. Since I now know how easy this
                                > thing is to make I don't really care to show it off. You guys
                                should
                                > just build one yourself and get that satisfaction. I did make a
                                small
                                > film but since the vibration is so small you can't see it, you
                                really
                                > need to feel it.
                              • jszymanek2000
                                Message 15 of 29 , Oct 15, 2002
                                  Me too!

                                  I am always up to try simple experiments, as it is about all I have
                                  time for when I am in school.

                                  -Justin

                                  --- In hameltech@y..., "Ole Jensen" <ole_thor@y...> wrote:
                                  > David,
                                  > in this message #7787, you mentioned a WIS in a jar experiment
                                  > that you did, that worked. do you have a picture of the
                                  > device, it sounds simple to build, and I'd like to try it.
                                  >
                                  > Ole.
                                  > --- In hameltech@y..., "David K" <dkouk@b...> wrote:
                                  >
                                  > snip
                                  >
                                  > > all of you guys but no one really is interested. I also made my
                                  > own WIS
                                  > > device which also seemed to keep vibrating (though at the time I
                                  > lived
                                  > > next to a main road and have a feeling it was getting vibrations
                                  > from
                                  > > there.. or something). It is just a jar with a magnet suspended
                                  > inside
                                  > > and the jar sits on another magnet. The way I suspended the
                                  magnet
                                  > > seems to integrate the isotope line. Since I now know how easy
                                  this
                                  > > thing is to make I don't really care to show it off. You guys
                                  > should
                                  > > just build one yourself and get that satisfaction. I did make a
                                  > small
                                  > > film but since the vibration is so small you can't see it, you
                                  > really
                                  > > need to feel it.
                                • Craig Stewart
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Oct 15, 2002
                                    Just wondering if a crude Faraday shield would help with the EM radiation.
                                    Maybe just a box made of aluminium sheet
                                    around it.

                                    Craig Stewart

                                    >From: "johndavidpasley" <john@...>
                                    >To: hameltech@yahoogroups.com
                                    >Subject: [hameltech] Re: Individual Cone Balancing
                                    >Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:38:38 -0000
                                    >
                                    >Hi David,
                                    >
                                    >Well done getting your device to work! Dont worry people are
                                    >interested, but dont expect a landslide. Given there are 308 members
                                    >on this group and only 5 or so ever make any contribution to Mr Hamel
                                    >himself, they are not all going to be piling to your door!! Although
                                    >i believe the barrel device will work under a number of different
                                    >variations, your design appears close to the original Mr Hamel device
                                    >with parrallel magnets to rings and a double cone.
                                    >
                                    >I dont believe you will get more than just perpetual motion (pretty
                                    >good in itself) unless you have the top rejection magnet working in
                                    >conjunction with the top cone magnet, this is where you get 'the
                                    >spark'. You also would need to cover the device, such as a barrel. A
                                    >problem arises then, as your device will become detectable via the
                                    >electricity board and perhaps more. An expensive way of shielding a
                                    >device that I have discussed with Mr Hamel is granite shielding. You
                                    >would need 8" thick all around the machine, this is likely to be many
                                    >thousands of dollars, though perhaps you could try thinner. The other
                                    >option is to restrict testing to areas several miles from both
                                    >electricity cables and your own home. I dont think you will have a
                                    >problem unless you have a cover. Please do anything you can do share
                                    >your design and get other people up and running, many are missing
                                    >something obvious to you or using the wrong materials. Unfortunately
                                    >most members are happy just sitting down, sprouting non peer reviewed
                                    >rubbish, I wish people wouldn't as my delete button is getting worn
                                    >out.
                                    >
                                    >Regards
                                    >
                                    >John

                                    Get a speedy connection with MSN Broadband.� Join now!
                                  • homekiwi
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Oct 16, 2002
                                      Hi David,

                                      --- In hameltech@y..., "David K" <dkouk@b...> wrote:

                                      <snip>
                                      > > is 6'3" high and rather close to the roof
                                      > REALLY? That's pretty big! Or is that on a stand because I think
                                      the
                                      > device needs to be isolated from the ground (perhaps why I never got
                                      > energy from it)

                                      Yes, that is the height of the drum from the ground.

                                      I put a couple more pics here of how the chassis is coming along. PVA
                                      glue and offcuts for strength.

                                      Would living on the first floor count as being 'off the ground'? The
                                      concrete and carpet are such good insulators that I have touched a
                                      live mains wire and not even tripped the RCD.

                                      > And yes I have had a working device for a long time now.

                                      If you stop it with your finger, how long does it take for the
                                      vibration to resume? From private conversation I here that another
                                      similar machine took a few minutes to get going again after stopping.

                                      <snip>

                                      > Finally I want to assure you that this device does not defy
                                      > conventional scientific logic. Its all in the year 12 school
                                      physics
                                      > books. You just need to understand how to apply it.

                                      Conventional wisdom says that any mechanical device with no input
                                      source will stop after all of its kinetic energy has been expended. I
                                      imagine a 3CD would do this in well under an hour if there were no
                                      aether/whatever energy input.

                                      To say that a mechanical device with no scientifically recognised
                                      energy input that can continuously move for months at a time obeys
                                      highschool physics is a brave statement David :-)

                                      Would you be able to please elaborate a little on what of
                                      conventional science an operative 3CD does not defy?

                                      Look into
                                      > vibrations and apply that knowledge to three cones.
                                      >
                                      > RE website. I haven't really had time to do any more work with my
                                      > device and my website sort of got stale. Since it is in the
                                      archives
                                      > there I figured I would just take it down so no one thinks I am
                                      actually
                                      > active these days. Sorry, but I am happy to help anyone else with
                                      > these things.
                                      >
                                      > David K

                                      Regards,

                                      Andrew.
                                    • billsaleen
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Oct 16, 2002
                                        I have a question about this granite shielding. I have also heard it
                                        mentioned as being 8" thick around David Hamel's ship.
                                        1. Does it have to be 8" thick, or is it proportional? ie. a ship half
                                        the size of David's using only 4" thick granite.

                                        2. Does it have to be [red] granite, or could it be something like
                                        cement? If not for the ship, then at least for shielding the 3CD as
                                        mentioned below?

                                        - Bill

                                        > A problem arises then, as your device will become detectable via the
                                        > electricity board and perhaps more. An expensive way of shielding a
                                        > device that I have discussed with Mr Hamel is granite shielding. You
                                        > would need 8" thick all around the machine, this is likely to be
                                        > many
                                        > thousands of dollars, though perhaps you could try thinner. The
                                        > other
                                        > option is to restrict testing to areas several miles from both
                                        > electricity cables and your own home.

                                        > Regards
                                        >
                                        > John
                                      • David K
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Oct 17, 2002
                                          Heres the best pictures I have. I had the jar sitting on a coffee cup
                                          because the magnet in the bottom of the cup was pretty strong. I have
                                          since moved house and the device is no more. I'll try to put together a
                                          plan because its hard to see what I did here. I have mentioned this on
                                          the group in the past, about a year and a month ago.
                                          Breifly: the magnet is attached to a wood disc. The disc is
                                          then attached to a skewer (for shashlicks) made out of bamboo. Then I
                                          attached a string from the top of the skewer to the lid of the jar.
                                          Then I put the lid of the jar on the jar. The magnets are in repulsion.
                                          The idea came from the last picture of my device where I had the top
                                          magnet hanging from the roof. The cones stopped moving but the pendulum
                                          kept moving! My theory is that the dangling magnet is skirting around
                                          the magnetic field at the point that is the same magnetic strength all
                                          around. Hmm how can I explain this better?? Imagine you have a ball.
                                          There will be a ring around the ball that is always the same distance
                                          from a point directly above the ball. If you imagine the ball as the
                                          magnetic field and tie a magnet on a string to the point above the
                                          "ball" then the magnet will move in a circle above the lower magnet.
                                          Then you need to raise that pendulum until the circlular path is almost
                                          a point. If you go too far the magnet will stop but if you get it at
                                          the right point the magnet should never be able to find its equilibrium
                                          point and keep jiggling around.

                                          Tell me how you go if you make one. As I said I lived next to a main
                                          road and this device would be VERY sensitive to vibrations. So perhaps
                                          it isn't perpetual but simply receiving energy from around the world due
                                          to the noisy vibrational environment.

                                          I am always willing to help. I feel I totally understand these devices
                                          so hit me with your best shot. I would love to make a flying machine
                                          but at the moment most of my time is spent with work and my Fiat 124
                                          spider so I haven't done much to my device for ages.

                                          David K

                                          Message 20 of 29 , Oct 17, 2002
                                            Hi Justin,
                                            I have been waiting to see how your WIS is going. I had high
                                            hope for that project. I thought you did a pretty impressive job! Then
                                            again Uni sure takes up a lot of time, especially engineering...

                                            David K

                                            Message 21 of 29 , Oct 17, 2002
                                              I found that I would get very tired when I worked on my device and feel
                                              generally unwell...? that’s the only effect that I wish I could shield.
                                              That’s the other reason I stopped experimenting for now. I figure I set
                                              up some negative orgone generator or something.

                                              David K

                                              Message 22 of 29 , Oct 17, 2002
                                                Being on the first floor would count. It's the earth you want to be
                                                isolated from. If I stop my 45gd with my finger it start when I let go.
                                                If the device is perfectly still it will start by itself. Unless I take
                                                the top magnet off. I don't have a lid for the device because I miss
                                                judged the height of the cones and the lid won't fit :P. There's
                                                another reason for the lack of electrical activity. My goal was to see
                                                perpetual motion.

                                                >Conventional wisdom says that any mechanical device with no input
                                                >source will stop after all of its kinetic energy has been expended. I
                                                >imagine a 3CD would do this in well under an hour if there were no
                                                >aether/whatever energy input.
                                                Actually it doesn't say this at all. It says that an object in motion
                                                will remain in motion unless acted upon by an outside force. With the
                                                set up of the 3cd there is no external force because the cones are
                                                weightless. Its like if you were in space and spun a cone. It would
                                                keep going forever. Sure the air provided resistance but if the cones
                                                cannot find their point of equilibrium then they will keep moving.

                                                > To say that a mechanical device with no scientifically recognised
                                                >energy input that can continuously move for months at a time obeys
                                                >high school physics is a brave statement David :-)

                                                fair call. I spent years at University learning about mathematics that
                                                said there is no limit to the number of dimensions in the universe. You
                                                can do maths for all this. The problem is that "Conventional" thinking
                                                doesn't allow perpetual motion so the lecturers aren't going to risk
                                                making a fool of themselves by teaching this to you. But if you
                                                actually look hard enough you'll realise there are no limits. There is
                                                no reason why we could actually be living in a seven dimensional
                                                universe and the extra energy is coming from another dimension. This is
                                                what the theories of um (I have had a mental blank. There are waves
                                                where to get the result of super positioning you need to add the waves
                                                that you can "see" and a set of waves that don't exist. This is what
                                                imaginary numbers are all about) SCALAR WAVES. That's it. This is where
                                                if you have a wave function that describes say the energy at a point in
                                                space, you also have a part of the wave that is the same for the wave
                                                regardless of the location, it relies on time (ever seen a spark gap
                                                transmitter?). You see they teach you how to add and subtract imaginary
                                                numbers but they never actually tell you what they are used for. They
                                                are used in Fourier transforms when you are trying to pull out a
                                                frequency from a bunch of superimposed waves in signal analysis. But
                                                the use of imaginary numbers is much more interesting when you apply it
                                                to magnetics and the whole hameltech vibrations.

                                                >Would you be able to please elaborate a little on what of
                                                >conventional science an operative 3CD does not defy?

                                                -Imaginary numbers
                                                -Scalar waves
                                                -Newtons laws of motion.
                                                -Wave mechanics
                                                -Vibrations in a string
                                                -Multi dimensional vector mathematics (look into matrices, they are more
                                                useful than computer graphics programming :-) )
                                                -magnetics
                                                just to name a few.

                                                Remember that the hameltech is a combination of all these aspects of
                                                physics and you can certainly read about all this in a year 12 physics
                                                book. The one I have is "Physics for scientists and engineers" written
                                                by Raymond A Searway (ok I lied, this is a first year uni physics book)
                                                interestingly this book is so anti-alternate science that it calls the
                                                strength of magnets Weber per meter square. There is one paragraph that
                                                explains that it is also called a Tesla but it doesn't mention Tesla at
                                                all or say that he is the reason why we call it a Tesla.

                                                I hope this has given you some places to go and read about this info and
                                                what to look for. It isn't simple, don't get me wrong, its just that
                                                its all there in black and white.

                                                This is why I don't get too excited about all this anymore because the
                                                reason this isn't mainstream is (as far as I can see) because humans are
                                                lazy by nature. Once we have something that works we tend to hold on to
                                                it for dear life. Like fossil fuels.

                                                David K

                                                Points to ponder:
                                                (I could say how does the earth keep moving in space or I could ask how
                                                does an electron keep moving but these are really just examples of
                                                things we don't yet understand. If my device ran for 20 million years
                                                and then stopped, would you call that perpetual motion? Obviously not by
                                                definition but you are never going to prove it.) There are microscopes
                                                that can see at an atomic level. These are called scanning tunnelling
                                                microscopes. They work on the principle that a solid object (an
                                                electron) has a very low probability of existing in the middle of a
                                                barrier but it could exist on either side of the barrier. If it started
                                                on one side and then suddenly appeared on the other side you would have
                                                to assume that it has tunnelled through the barrier. The truth of the
                                                matter is that there is a real possibility that every atom in your body
                                                could suddenly "jump" to another location in space. The reason it will
                                                not ever happen is because the probability of this is sooooo
                                                astronomically high. The probability of a single electron doing this is
                                                extremely high though more likely. And they take advantage of this to
                                                make a map of the surface of any substance.
                                                My point here is that you would tell me that it impossible to walk
                                                through walls. But there exists machines that make matter go through
                                                matter in use today. So what else is possible????? Don't limit your
                                                mind to what you see or hear. You will always find another possibility,
                                                that's the beauty of the universe.

                                                > > is 6'3" high and rather close to the roof
                                                > REALLY? That's pretty big! Or is that on a stand because I think
                                                the
                                                > device needs to be isolated from the ground (perhaps why I never got
                                                > energy from it)

                                                Yes, that is the height of the drum from the ground.

                                                I put a couple more pics here of how the chassis is coming along. PVA
                                                glue and offcuts for strength.

                                                Would living on the first floor count as being 'off the ground'? The
                                                concrete and carpet are such good insulators that I have touched a
                                                live mains wire and not even tripped the RCD.

                                                > And yes I have had a working device for a long time now.

                                                If you stop it with your finger, how long does it take for the
                                                vibration to resume? From private conversation I here that another
                                                similar machine took a few minutes to get going again after stopping.

                                                <snip>

                                                > Finally I want to assure you that this device does not defy
                                                > conventional scientific logic. Its all in the year 12 school
                                                physics
                                                > books. You just need to understand how to apply it.

                                                Conventional wisdom says that any mechanical device with no input
                                                source will stop after all of its kinetic energy has been expended. I
                                                imagine a 3CD would do this in well under an hour if there were no
                                                aether/whatever energy input.

                                                To say that a mechanical device with no scientifically recognised
                                                energy input that can continuously move for months at a time obeys
                                                highschool physics is a brave statement David :-)

                                                Would you be able to please elaborate a little on what of
                                                conventional science an operative 3CD does not defy?

                                                Look into
                                                > vibrations and apply that knowledge to three cones.
                                                >
                                                > RE website. I haven't really had time to do any more work with my
                                                > device and my website sort of got stale. Since it is in the
                                                archives
                                                > there I figured I would just take it down so no one thinks I am
                                                actually
                                                > active these days. Sorry, but I am happy to help anyone else with
                                                > these things.
                                                >
                                                > David K

                                                Regards,

                                                Andrew.

                                                Message 23 of 29 , Oct 18, 2002
                                                  Hi David,

                                                  --- In hameltech@y..., "David K" <dkouk@b...> wrote:

                                                  <snip>

                                                  > >Conventional wisdom says that any mechanical device with no input
                                                  > >source will stop after all of its kinetic energy has been
                                                  expended. I
                                                  > >imagine a 3CD would do this in well under an hour if there were no
                                                  > >aether/whatever energy input.
                                                  > Actually it doesn't say this at all. It says that an object in
                                                  motion
                                                  > will remain in motion unless acted upon by an outside force. With
                                                  the
                                                  > set up of the 3cd there is no external force because the cones are
                                                  > weightless. Its like if you were in space and spun a cone. It
                                                  would
                                                  > keep going forever.

                                                  There are at least 10 different locations in a 3CD where energy is
                                                  lost due to friction. A planet, to use that example, has no places
                                                  where energy is lost because it is surrounded by a vacuum. It keeps
                                                  its motion forever(ish) because it is in equilibrium, with no input
                                                  of kinetic energy, nor any output.

                                                  A bucket of water for an analogy: with the water representing kinetic
                                                  energy, the bucket representing the 'barrier' preventing it escaping
                                                  and any holes represent places where energy is lost from. With no
                                                  holes, the bucket naturally stays full, but even a tiny hole will
                                                  eventually empty it, and our 3CD has many such 'holes' (cone tip
                                                  pivots, oscillator cups/balls etc) where energy is lost. Alternately
                                                  we can accept that there are holes in the bucket (as every mechanical
                                                  system has) and simply add water at the same rate as it escapes. This
                                                  restores the equilibrium that we had before and keeps the bucket
                                                  full.

                                                  If your device has constant motion, and therefore a constant but
                                                  small energy loss through the physical contact points, then it has
                                                  little option but to have some sort of yet-to-be-discovered energy
                                                  source entering it in order to maintain its motion.

                                                  <snip>

                                                  The problem is that "Conventional" thinking
                                                  > doesn't allow perpetual motion so the lecturers aren't going to risk
                                                  > making a fool of themselves by teaching this to you.

                                                  The real reason no tutor teaches PM is that nobody yet has created it
                                                  in a lab situation. If you have created it in a repeatable and
                                                  controllable situation, may I strongly suggest you to find a more
                                                  open-minded professor (they do exist!) and get them to look over what
                                                  you have.

                                                  But if you
                                                  > actually look hard enough you'll realise there are no limits.
                                                  There is
                                                  > no reason why we could actually be living in a seven dimensional
                                                  > universe and the extra energy is coming from another dimension.
                                                  This is
                                                  > what the theories of um (I have had a mental blank. There are waves
                                                  > where to get the result of super positioning you need to add the
                                                  waves
                                                  > that you can "see" and a set of waves that don't exist. This is
                                                  what
                                                  > imaginary numbers are all about) SCALAR WAVES. That's it. This is
                                                  where
                                                  > if you have a wave function that describes say the energy at a
                                                  point in
                                                  > space, you also have a part of the wave that is the same for the
                                                  wave
                                                  > regardless of the location, it relies on time (ever seen a spark gap
                                                  > transmitter?). You see they teach you how to add and subtract
                                                  imaginary
                                                  > numbers but they never actually tell you what they are used for.
                                                  They
                                                  > are used in Fourier transforms when you are trying to pull out a
                                                  > frequency from a bunch of superimposed waves in signal analysis.
                                                  But
                                                  > the use of imaginary numbers is much more interesting when you
                                                  apply it
                                                  > to magnetics and the whole hameltech vibrations.
                                                  >
                                                  > >Would you be able to please elaborate a little on what of
                                                  > >conventional science an operative 3CD does not defy?
                                                  >
                                                  > -Imaginary numbers
                                                  > -Scalar waves
                                                  > -Newtons laws of motion.
                                                  > -Wave mechanics
                                                  > -Vibrations in a string
                                                  > -Multi dimensional vector mathematics (look into matrices, they are
                                                  more
                                                  > useful than computer graphics programming :-) )
                                                  > -magnetics
                                                  > just to name a few.

                                                  OK. I haven't any knowledge of most of these things, but Newton
                                                  by your definition above disallows PM in any non-equilibrium
                                                  situation.

                                                  <snip>

                                                  > This is why I don't get too excited about all this anymore because
                                                  the
                                                  > reason this isn't mainstream is (as far as I can see) because
                                                  humans are
                                                  > lazy by nature.

                                                  I think 'inert' is a better word for lazy. Inertness and
                                                  complacency... the reasons we are in this modern predicament.

                                                  At a very entertaining lecture I attended earlier this year, the
                                                  guest lecturer suggested us to 'get ert'. Ert being the
                                                  opposite of inert. Ert people are leaders by default, and anyone
                                                  giving hope to others, such as Mr Hamel (and the sundry leaders
                                                  around the world that America seeks to eliminate) will have followers
                                                  without even trying.

                                                  I challenge you David ;-) Please give us sheeple something real to
                                                  believe you with... a video of your device with a scope hooked to a
                                                  small coil showing the voltage waveform, or something like that would
                                                  definitely generate some interest, at least on my part anyway.
                                                  That is of course assuming that you want to share.

                                                  Once we have something that works we tend to hold on to
                                                  > it for dear life. Like fossil fuels.
                                                  >
                                                  > David K

                                                  Thanking you kindly,
                                                  Andrew.