Re: 11112: Orgone (was OT Orgone)

  • jszymanek2000
    Message 1 of 15 , May 11, 2002
      Hey Patrick,

      I should have packed the inside of the cone with sand or something. I
      have a wood ring at the base to keep it round, and the side wall is
      AL as well. I screwed the cone in three places to the inside of the
      ring. The shear weight of the cement (40 litres worth) pushed in on
      the cone, and formed some smooth ridges.

      I tried to scrap it out and fix the cone, but the rocks I put in the
      cement quickly ended that.

      So I am going to start again. This time I will make mud with sand and
      water, and pour it into the cone, and then let it harden up a bit.
      Then I will flip the thing over and pour the cement in. Once the
      cement is set I will clean the sand out, and hopefully have a nice
      solid inverted cone.

      -Justin

      > Glad to hear from ya again!
      >
      > A quick idea on your mold deforming problem.
      > Cut a circle out of plywood and set it around the OD of the alum.
      cone mold.
      > maybe make a few sizes to act as reinforcment ribbing.. Good luck.
      >
      > Hmm.... getting a break from school just to go to work..... hmm....
      well
      > that's the way it goes.
      >
      > Take Care.
      >
      > Patrick
      >

      > > Patrick!
      > >
      > > Good to see you back. I am here, and school is done until Sept.
      I'm

    • patrickathome3@aol.com

        Message 3 of 15 , May 13, 2002
          Hello Marisa,

          Just scroll down a little bit more. you will find the UNSUBSRIBE instructions contained  at the bottom of this email.

          If your still haveing trouble, let me know.

          Patrick.

          Hello
          How do i get off this list-serve??
          -- Marisa

        • Bryan St.Clair
          Message 4 of 15 , May 16, 2002
            Hello Everyone,

            The link to the orgone type detector is outstanding!
            That's an extremely sensitive unit, by the looks of
            it! I may try building one eventually, but time is
            limited (as usual) an simpler is better at this point.
            Here's an update on the not terribly sensitive unit
            I'm experimenting with. I tried different voltage
            inputs, still at the 60 Hz, using a variac to adjust
            the voltage. I noted that very low voltage works just
            as well as 117 did. It seems that the frequency is
            more important than the actual source voltage!
            The next experiment was with a free running 555 timer
            circuit, running on a regulated 5 volt DC source. I
            am quite amazed to find that simply hooking the input
            from the probe / wand to the square wave output
            terminal ( terminal 3 ) of the 555 timer, and source
            voltage ( +5 volts ) the effect is quite the same as
            using a true AC sine wave input!
            Here's what to try: Use an adjustable frequency 555 (
            or similar ) circuit, running low voltage, and see
            what results are obtained. Keep your meter set on AC
            volts, and adjust the range to the lowest scale that
            doesn't over-range the display. Experiment with
            different frequencies. I found that 60 Hz is too low
            to be stable, the 100 Hz to 170 Hz range seems to be
            very stable and produce good results.
            The only drawback I've encountered with this circuit,
            so far, is that it's more suseptable to outside
            interference. It picks up very close interference
            sources such as flourescent lights etc., whereas the
            true AC source didn't have this problem.
            Since this will run on a common 9 volt battery, the
            detector becomes quite portable! This is what I'm
            going to perform the next series of tests with.
            For those who aren't inclined to build electronic
            circuits, I saw that Radio Shack offers an adjustable
            pulsed DC power supply. The frequency, along with
            pulse width, is adjustable. I'm sure that
            pre-fabricated, adjustable frequency circuits are
            available from other sources also. Since low voltage
            works well, this makes the display more sensitive on
            the average meter, and a simple voltage drop circuit
            may work adequately if the resistance is kept high.
            John,
            I did try detecting food, and other natural
            materials, with good results also. The celophane wrap
            definitely reduced the indicated results to nearly
            nothing, but isn't quite as drastic with the pulsed
            D.C. circuit as it is with the AC input.
            I also tried placing a 3.5 inch doughnut magnet over
            the tip of the probe, this resulted in dampening the
            effect completely, strange.
            It also seems that it's quite possibly detecting
            positive and negative energy fields, as the voltage
            tends to rise, or fall, depending on what is being
            tested.

            I'll let everyone know how the next round of tests
            comes out!

            Truly,
            Bryan St.Clair
            http://www.geocities.com/stclairtech/

            LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
            http://launch.yahoo.com
          • Bryan St.Clair
            Message 5 of 15 , May 18, 2002
              Hello Everyone,

              I hope that this orgone detector topic isn't getting
              too old for everyone, I believe it's an important tool
              to use in and around the Hamel devices. Anyway, I
              snapped some quick pictures with my cheap-o digital
              camera of the detector, and the 555 circuit. There's
              also a picture showing the output frequency of the
              555.
              A possibly important note regarding the circuit. I'm
              fairly certain that the circuit board and battery
              assembly is going to have to be shielded, or placed in
              a metal enclosure to shield it from becoming the focal
              point of detection. I noted that simply placing a
              short jumper lead in the 5V. regulator's output strip
              changed the voltage dramatically! You can't see the
              range setting very well in these pictures, but it's
              set on a 200MV scale. The extra lead acted as an
              antenna, and nearly doubled the voltage reading.
              Anyone experimenting with these circuits, and using
              an auto-ranging meter, should pay close attention to
              what range the meter is on. Automatic range changes
              aren't usually easy to notice, except when paying
              close attention. The range change can really mess up
              what you're looking for, if you don't see the range
              indicator move.