I think persons are becoming boared!

  • ypatfeiab
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 31, 2002
      Reading the last few messages I think
      people are becoming bored.
      It must be the reason people are post stupid messsages.

      May be they are all waitng on the "BOOK" or
      just stopped thinking for themselves.

      Has anyone even looked at patent # US 4753623?
      or US 5506459. Here is some very interesting
      stuff to experiment with.
      Get them here:

      http://ep.espacenet.com/espacenet/ep/en/search5.htm?AutoFill

      John
    • Dan LaRochelle
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2, 2002
        Hi All,

        I know this is not the place, but here goes...

        A friend of mine has two computers in his house and he
        went out a couple of weeks ago and baught two copies
        of Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition. He could not
        get them to work correctly on his computers so he gave
        them to me.

        These are brand new, in the box, real store baught
        copies.

        I already have Windows XP on my home PC and don't
        really have a use for these two legal copies. XP
        retails for about $200.00 per copy.

        Anyone interested in getting one of these copies for
        less than the retail cost?

        Email me privately if interested?

        FIST COME.....FIRST SERVE...
        So don't delay if you are interested.

        Regards,

        Dan LaRochelle

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/
      • Nathan Young
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 2, 2002
          us$ or cadn$

          >From: Dan LaRochelle <danswaay@...>
          >To: hameltech@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [hameltech] Windows XP Home Edition?
          >Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 15:20:19 -0800 (PST)

        • Dan LaRochelle
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 2, 2002
            $100 USD... (1/2 off retail)

            and it's yours.

            Dan

            --- Nathan Young <cosmonaut2@...> wrote:
            > us$ or cadn$
            >

            > >From: Dan LaRochelle <danswaay@...>
            > >To: hameltech@yahoogroups.com
            > >Subject: [hameltech] Windows XP Home Edition?
            > >Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 15:20:19 -0800 (PST)

            > MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print
            > your photos:
            >

            > ATTACHMENT part 2 message/rfc822
            > To: hameltech@yahoogroups.com
            > From: Dan LaRochelle <danswaay@...>
            > Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 15:20:19 -0800 (PST)
            > Subject: [hameltech] Windows XP Home Edition?

            <HR>

            <tt>
            Hi All,<BR>
            <BR>
            I know this is not the place, but here goes...<BR>
            <BR>
            A friend of mine has two computers in his house and
            he<BR>
            went out a couple of weeks ago and baught two
            copies<BR>
            of Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition.  He could
            not<BR>
            get them to work correctly on his computers so he
            gave<BR>
            them to me.<BR>
            <BR>
            These are brand new, in the box, real store baught<BR>
            copies.<BR>
            <BR>
            I already have Windows XP on my home PC and don't<BR>
            really have a use for these two legal copies.
            XP<BR>
            retails for about $200.00 per copy.<BR>
            <BR>
            Anyone interested in getting one of these copies
            for<BR>
            less than the retail cost?<BR>
            <BR>
            Email me privately if interested?<BR>
            <BR>
            FIST COME.....FIRST SERVE...<BR>
            So don't delay if you are interested.<BR>
            <BR>
            Regards,<BR>
            <BR>
            Dan LaRochelle<BR>
            <BR>
            Yahoo! Tax Center - online filing with TurboTax<BR>
            <a
            href="http://taxes.yahoo.com/">http://taxes.yahoo.com/</a><BR>
            </tt>

            <tt>
            Header Codes<BR>
            11111: Theory, untested Hamel ideas<BR>
            11112: Building and balancing, progress<BR>
            11113: David Hamel reports<BR>
            11114: Non-hamel mysteries and energies<BR>
            OT: "Off Topic"<BR>
            <BR>
            Post message: hameltech@yahoogroups.com <BR>
            <BR>
            Unsubscribe:
            </tt>

            <tt>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <a
            href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">Yahoo! Terms
            of Service</a>.</tt>

            http://taxes.yahoo.com/
          • Val Gruno
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 2, 2002
              Hi All,
              If you are running windows 98 and want to upgrade you
              need to format your hard drive for NTFS for Windows XP
              to install properly. If you have 98 and want to
              load/upgrade to Windows XP it won't install. Windows
              98 runs on a FAT 32 file. Been there done it don't
              like XP-it will not support old software nor hardware.
              That includes Printers. Stick with 98 or Win 2000
              Throw XP out the window----I have XP now and cannot
              load 98 into system no matter what I do. Have written
              Microsoft and let them know what it is good for
              ----making extra money as XP does not support the old
              microsoft programs so guess what---you have to buy new
              stuff---extra income for Microsoft---that's my 2 cents
              and true.

              Val

              http://taxes.yahoo.com/
            • MSN Email
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 3, 2002
                Val,
                I agree, Micro$oft is definetely priming the money pump with XP, I installed
                it over windows98SE and I couldn't use a lot of my old software. They had
                taken the effort to include a so called, "windows 98/95/2000 emulation"
                feature, where you go to the program's properties and you can tell your
                computer to run it as a Windows98/95/2000 program. This didn't work for
                most of my programs, really frustrating, but it sure sounds good on the
                front of the XP box!

                I think we're starting to see why the US government had started their
                anti-trust suite against Micro$oft. Once you go with MS a little ways, you
                end up having to use nothing but. Its a clever trick that old boy Gates has
                pulled. If ever possible I opt not to support the Micro$oft machine.

                Sorry for the off-topic rants, I just wanted to add my 2 cents and help
                subvert the dominant paradigm.

                Mike

              • patrickathome3@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 5, 2002
                  This really is not the place for such stuff. but as we all are working
                  together it's ok once in while, so here is my bit to add to this thread.
                  My boss told me about a program he bought that will allow him to install and
                  boot many differant operating systems on the same machine. Not one at a time,
                  but boot up one system like win.3.1 , then hit a few keys and boot up another
                  operating system like win 95 and or 2000 and or ME...have 4 systems runing
                  at the same time. great for making sure your old files will work on the your
                  system if you upgrade, if not just open you older OS system and you can still
                  use you old files. If anyone is interested , I'll get the name and where he
                  got it. I beleive it is a memery intinsive program.

                  Patrick Parsons.
                • Val Gruno
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 6, 2002
                    Hello Patrick,
                    Yes am interested please get the name of the program.

                    Val

                    http://taxes.yahoo.com/
                  • patrickathome3@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 6, 2002
                      Hi Val,

                      Will do. It will be monday  or tuesday before I see him again but I'll get it.

                      Patrick.

                      Hello Patrick,
                      Yes am interested please get the name of the program.

                      Val

                    • wokani
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 10, 2002
                        Hi Val and Patric,

                        I think you are talking about VMWare. It runs on Unix/Linux/FreeBSD
                        etc. and also on Windows. It is not freeware so you'll have to pay.

                        You install it on one machine like Linux for instance. In the
                        software you create a virtual machine specifying how much memmory it
                        has, disk space, etc. When you launch it it boots up like a PC inside
                        a window and you can even go into a virtual BIOS for checking the
                        virtual hardware settings COOL! Then you can boot it up with a floppy
                        just like a normal machine and fdisk the virtual disk into
                        partitions, format the virtual drive and install another OS like
                        Windows on this virtual PC.

                        This allows for running two or more operating systems at once and
                        with a key press you can flip between them. These two operating
                        systems can use the same hardware, they can exist on the same network
                        segment which means that you can have a linux base OS running as a
                        firewall, mail server and web server and the windows VOS can then
                        connect to this Unix like on a LAN and use the services available.

                        The only real setbacks are the price of the software (Well I had to
                        pay in Dollars and S.A. Rand sucks) and the other setback is that
                        this software is VERY VERY resource hungry. You need about 2 FAST 40
                        Gig drives, 512M -> 1G Memory, Top of the line PIII or PIIII with a
                        super fast video card. Even with a monster like that you'll notice
                        speed reduction.

                        Have fun,
                        Adriaan